Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 175???

I just took a 1980? yamaha mx175 on a partial trade for my sled. I am just wondering if anyone knows if these were enduros or not. The rear fender has holes that look like it would be for barke light. Also anyone know how much it they go for at all. It is in great condition. I have a 78 Xt 500 also so I thought this would be a good bike to have. Thanks to anyone who can help?

I know in the 70's the DT175 was an enduro like the Suzuki TS bikes & Honda MT bikes. Based on what reviews I could find online, it sounds like it has a more off-road/enduro powercurve ~

JM

A glorified play bike with an "mx" name. The real Yamaha racers were YZ models. The "mx" was last year's parts and frame and whatever was left on the factory shelves.

The early MX bikes were the race versions, before YZ times. Is it grey and red, or white with red stripe? If it is a true 80's era bike I'm thinking its like a stripped down enduro. I had a 78 Yz , I was thinking the YZ's came out around 75-76 but don't remember exactly. Does it have a mono shock?

The early MX bikes were the race versions, before YZ times. Is it grey and red, or white with red stripe? If it is a true 80's era bike I'm thinking its like a stripped down enduro. I had a 78 Yz , I was thinking the YZ's came out around 75-76 but don't remember exactly. Does it have a mono shock?

The YZ model designation started in 74.

The YZ model designation started in 74.

Thanks, I was close. I always had converted enduros until my 78.