Sign in to follow this  

06 clutch acting funny

When I first start my bike,and warm it,when I start to release the clutch with it in gear it grabs and jerks sometimes I stall it.Once it warms up and I use the clutch a few time it clears up.I've checked the cable and the lever,all good next is to look at the clutch,ie:check for gooves on the inner and outer basket,is there anything else I should look for if those turn out to be ok?I also change my oil and filter every 3 rides,mobil 1 10w/30 syn.

thanks for any help.

brian

Your oil may be part of the cause. It has to be made specific for wet clutches. I like to run motul 10w40 in my 450. Ran motul 10w30 in my 2t.

only time mine doesn't do that is right after a new clutch (on my third including stock 145 hrs '06) is put in. I know of two buddies with same.

If the Mobil 1 you are using is the automotive version that is most likely your problem. As another poster here already stated "you need to use oil that is designed for motorcycle transmissions". They have additives for the clutch to work right.

If you are using the right oil and the basket looks good and the steel plates and frictions are not worn or warped I would inspect the clutch release bearing, clutch push rod and camshaft clutch release next.

• Like 1

06-450 my clutch is acting grabby.I have new plates and upon inspection of the presure plate I found the bearing is worn and the end of the push rod has some wear groves on it.Thanks RMZPEGGER .Great advice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be replacing all worn parts and wiil give update later.

06-450 my clutch is acting grabby.I have new plates and upon inspection of the presure plate I found the bearing is worn and the end of the push rod has some wear groves on it.Thanks RMZPEGGER .Great advice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be replacing all worn parts and wiil give update later.

Glad you found it!

• Like 1