Road Trip

So after 5 years.. I finally have a reason to go meet Eddie.. My son and I are doing a road trip to CO for a new bike,,,, OTD cycles of Denver is setting me up with a new old stock RM250. Eddie has of course offered to help me set it up :excuseme::confused::excuseme:

Departure time is in a few hours,, took all I can muster not to load the truck with tie down straps, a ramp, the boy and a large dog,, and head out tonight.:sweden:

The DRZ is still my primary off road bike,,, I got a Decomp set up for it today (thanks Eddie) and a battery is due in tomorrow. An hours work when I get back,, and it will be time to take two Suzukis to the track and play. :p:lol:

Last time he had me by a nose

Fatherandson.jpg

Maybe this SAT, I'll edge him out :crazy:

So how many bikes are you going to be moving??? Congrats and have a good road trip.

ya,,, about that :excuseme:

So how many bikes are you going to be moving??? Congrats and have a good road trip.

I think the answer is.........alot:p

6 at this point,,,,,, but Cody still needs a second bike :sweden: so it might be 7 :excuseme:

Well and Kaye................................................................:confused:

drive safe.

ya,,, about that :excuseme:

I think the answer is.........alot:p

6 at this point,,,,,, but Cody still needs a second bike :crazy: so it might be 7 :excuseme:

Well and Kaye................................................................:confused:

What size toy hauler are you going to need?:sweden:

no no no, I aint buying a new TH....... I can make um all fit........ somehow,,,,, or, ship a few and bring the rest,, Lets see,, Street,,,dirt,,,,,,street,,,,dirt,,,hmmmmmmmmmmm, ,ya,ship the dirt bikes, bring the street bikes.

I heard they shut down the mototrack and all the trails at fort Hood , is that true?

Have ya been to Lake whitney?

Enjoy the trip Bronco. Sounds like a lot of fun. :confused:

Yup :confused: years ago... No riding of pernonally owned off road vehicles, truck, quad or bike.

I heard they shut down the mototrack and all the trails at fort Hood , is that true?

Have ya been to Lake whitney?

It has been... 13 hours to Denver..... and I lost an hour along the way.. Time to head in to Denver and go pick up my new toy.. Pictures tomorro... then Riding the day after ( ER pics a few hours after that :excuseme: )

Enjoy the trip Bronco. Sounds like a lot of fun. :confused:

Glad you made it there safely. That's a 2-stroke you're getting right? That sounds like gobs of fun too. :confused:

How exciting Bronco, road trip for a new bike. I met Eddie two years ago- nice guy!! OTD is a model shop.:confused:

nice to meet you in person finally bronco!

enjoy the new ride.:confused:

Yup :confused: years ago... No riding of pernonally owned off road vehicles, truck, quad or bike.

That sux, where do ya go?

So what are you going to use as an excuse when your kid on a little 125 beats you on that 250???:excuseme:

Taking it out soon I hope:ride:

Now you just need to get one of those crf150r's for mothership:thinking: :confused:

That sux, where do ya go?

Local track mostly. 1st year here we bit the bullett and paid for a membership at a "off road" club.. it was umm, close.. thats about the best you could say about it. Lots of rocks, with a little dirt between them, trails ranged from parking lot to some harder stuff that went up and down creeks and over the ridge line.. Got old quick, tears up tires in a single ride, hard on a boke if ya fall, harder on the body :confused:

Well thats a dumb question :p

It's simple really.. It's my bike and I pay for everything... I'll just tell him if he laps me, I'm taking the bike back :lol: AND he has to make it LOOK like I really am that fast.

So what are you going to use as an excuse when your kid on a little 125 beats you on that 250???:worthy:

Taking it out soon I hope:ride:

Now you just need to get one of those crf150r's for mothership:thinking: :crazy:

The track was closed yesterday due to being flooded. They hope to have it open today, which is good cuz we are getting rain tomorrow :confused: Rain in this state shuts everything down.... :excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden:

Mothership is done with off road riding untill we get to someplace that has actual dirt to ride in... At that point I hope to be in a place where I can set her up on a lowered 250X.

figures,get a new bike and cant ride it.bummer.

Waiting just a bit longer this morning, then we are headed to the track... I pays my money for a yearly membership to this track,,,, .. It's a sore point...as this is not the first time they have not "had the time to fix or prep the track" Or closed for the day because they do not want to have to prep it again for the up coming weekend.... Then do not take money in advance, stick with a pay as you go...Track not ready,, don't take money that day.

Anyway

They are local, nice folks really, and it was a track built for their kids, that blew up from there, They do a great job mostly.... just always seems when I have extra time and can take advantage of the "Family membership, ride any day of the week during light hours" they seem to have an issue that keeps me off the track....

Cody and I busted ass to get back here yesterday and ride...The look on his (ok mine too) face when we were in, realized the track was flooded in places, and then called the owners ,, confirming what we feared,, track closed, try again tomorrow......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg

Bike looks damn good on the trailer though....:confused:

Glad to hear you made it home OK, now let us know how the bike works out.