Which aftermarket exhaust xr650L?

I am/was a 4 wheeler man. Rode banshees. Toomey is "all that and a bag of chips" when it comes to Banshee exhaust. What is the "top dog" for the xr650l? (with no internal motor mods). Air, jetting, slide drillin', carb stuff, snorkle, smog, etc will be done. Just no cams, valves or pistons yet. Just some bolt on. :confused:

hello ripper fox,

did all the mods youre talking about on mine and put a white bros e2 exhaust. it sonds very nice (not to to load but has a deep bark to it) it fits like a glove with no mods to anything and looks very nice, not to long and the finish of the pipe is flawless. a bit more $ then some but is worth it.

if you follow the magic receipi, at riding elevation of 500 to 2500 feets.

i used the dyno jet kit, the needle is shape better... but can work without

snokler off, uni filter

smog off

165 or 160 main

55 slow jet

3 grove from top on needle with a small washer at the top.(0.020 to .030)

2 ¼ to 2 ½ out on the mix screw, with the tab grind off

and the white bros e2 exhaust.

you ll ride the xr650L at it s best.

have fun.

hello ripper fox,

did all the mods youre talking about on mine and put a white bros e2 exhaust. it sonds very nice (not to to load but has a deep bark to it) it fits like a glove with no mods to anything and looks very nice, not to long and the finish of the pipe is flawless. a bit more $ then some but is worth it.

if you follow the magic receipi, at riding elevation of 500 to 2500 feets.

i used the dyno jet kit, the needle is shape better... but can work without

snokler off, uni filter

smog off

165 or 160 main

55 slow jet

3 grove from top on needle with a small washer at the top.(0.020 to .030)

2 ¼ to 2 ½ out on the mix screw, with the tab grind off

and the white bros e2 exhaust.

you ll ride the xr650L at it s best.

have fun.

I agree. I have done all of the above with the DJ kit. The only thing lacking is the exhaust, which will be the WB E2. Between the intake/carb mods and grinding the head pipe welds, the bike is a completely different machine. As soon as I can fork out the extra money, the E2 goes on.

-Joe

I am/was a 4 wheeler man. Rode banshees. Toomey is "all that and a bag of chips" when it comes to Banshee exhaust. What is the "top dog" for the xr650l? (with no internal motor mods). Air, jetting, slide drillin', carb stuff, snorkle, smog, etc will be done. Just no cams, valves or pistons yet. Just some bolt on. :excuseme:

I'm running all of the same mods you mentioned with no internal mods (yet!), and I'm very happy with my Pro Circuit T4. Some people think it's too loud but I think it sounds good! (I also like the smell of racing fuel so maybe I'm weird :confused: )

It's well made, fits perfectly, and delivers gobs more power.

i've seen so many pictures of the white bros. exhaust below but i can't find it for sale anywhere...is it still around?

05XR650L1.jpg

if i could find that one for sale it would be my first choice, then the fmf q2. the rest i've seen are all too long and skinny.

i've seen so many pictures of the white bros. exhaust below but i can't find it for sale anywhere...is it still around?

05XR650L1.jpg

if i could find that one for sale it would be my first choice, then the fmf q2. the rest i've seen are all too long and skinny.

I beleive the E-Series and the E2 are no longer being produced.

I love everything about the E series except it comes mounted just a bit too high and doesn't look good with how close it is to blinker.

I made up new blinker brackets though, raised and moved forward both sides an inch and made the muffler side serve double duty as a heat sheild.

This muffler is the best choice in my eyes, great sound, cool shape and not too long, just right! :confused:

+ the fact that the blue in "E" matches my side panel :excuseme:

Just keep looking for one on ebay, that's where I got mine OR if you see a whole machine for sale with one, contact the guy, see if he would sell it seperate, he'll get more for it that way anyway.

DSC04552.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

I love everything about the E series except it comes mounted just a bit too high and doesn't look good with how close it is to blinker.

I made up new blinker brackets though, raised and moved forward both sides an inch and made the muffler side serve double duty as a heat sheild.

This muffler is the best choice in my eyes, great sound, cool shape and not too long, just right! :confused:

+ the fact that the blue in "E" matches my side panel :excuseme:

Just keep looking for one on ebay, that's where I got mine OR if you see a whole machine for sale with one, contact the guy, see if he would sell it seperate, he'll get more for it that way anyway.

DSC04552.jpg

DSC04560.jpg

Good to see you back! Been awhile. Time for a new rear meat it looks like.:excuseme:

Good to see you back! Been awhile. Time for a new rear meat it looks like.:confused:

Hi Martin ! Yes, it has been a while and no to the new meat, that's an old pic, you just :excuseme: forget that I'm a F&R Mefo dude now.

HEY !!! What's the blue bike in your avatar, is that a 650L ?

All the talk about mufflers got me wondering... Anybody running the FMF header?

Is it the only aftermarket header available for the L?

EDIT: just remembered xrsonly has a header too... any comparison btn FMF vs. XRs?

Thx

Mike

I run the stock header that has been jet hot coated inside and out, it's far more durable (14 times more then chrome) then any after market header and you can still use the heat sheild.

......and it runs a HECK OF A LOT COOLER then stock or aftermarket now. :confused:

DSC04660.jpg

DSC04663.jpg