Stainless intake valves for the 450X ???

Are there any stainless valves from honda available as a direct replacement for the stock Ti valves??

I mean are there any OEM honda stainless intake valves that will fit directly into the 450X head without opening up the seats or otherwise modifying the head?

Kibblewhite makes 35mm intakes for the 450X.

Kibblewhite makes 35mm intakes for the 450X.

Ohh great now there available?

Ohh great now there available?

They are available now....I've already done the 36mm deal though:banghead:

yea i had 35 mm coated stainless valves made a year ago i never pushed them on here .theres a fine line on this forum about letting pepole no whats avaiable to fix there problems and advertizing .

yea i had 35 mm coated stainless valves made a year ago i never pushed them on here .theres a fine line on this forum about letting pepole no whats avaiable to fix there problems and advertizing .

As far as I'm concerned, Ron, you should self promote more and not worry about what people think. Proof is in the pudding and I've personally NEVER heard anything but great things about your work. So, as I see it, your getting the word out on what you have and what you can do is a good thing all the way around:thumbsup: . JM02

Yea me too! :confused:

What i really need to do is quit spending so much time here and start wrighting material for my web page.where i can say what i want .The Bs have given me a lot of slack here on the forum but i still dont feel right about breaking the rules.

What i really need to do is quit spending so much time here and start wrighting material for my web page.where i can say what i want .The Bs have given me a lot of slack here on the forum but i still dont feel right about breaking the rules.

:confused: I'll be checking your web page:thumbsup:

Would you have gone with the 35 over the 36's if you had the option at the time ?

Would you have gone with the 35 over the 36's if you had the option at the time ?

Yup. I probably would have stayed with the 35mm intakes if that were an option at the time. Availability of the SS 35mm intakes makes the job much easier, faster, and less expensive. :confused:

What is the advantage of SS valves?

Thanks

What is the advantage of SS valves?

Thanks

There's no performance advantage at all with the SS valves but they last a long time being there is no Titanium coating to wear off. I've had SS valves over a year with more than 200 hours on them and they've been shimmed twice. Once the originals zero go with the SS valves:thumbsup:

I had the 36mm stainless steel valves put in on my 2005 450X to replaced my toasted titanium OEM valves last August 2007 (required a new spring kit and reseating the new intakes--my shop guy didn't know about any 35mm intakes available at that time). Overall I've been pleased with the performance of the SS valves.

I don't have a hour meter (guessing about 160-180 hours), but have ridden the snot out of that bike and logged about 4000 miles of desert riding on it since then. I really should pop off the valve cover and check the valve clearances but haven't. The bike is running like a champ and pulling hard all around. My guess is the OEM titanium set would have needed work by now. Hard to stop riding and check a finely running machine. Ride, ride, ride, work, ride, ride, ride....my wife says "I have issues."

I had the 36mm stainless steel valves put in on my 2005 450X to replaced my toasted titanium OEM valves last August 2007 (required a new spring kit and reseating the new intakes--my shop guy didn't know about any 35mm intakes available at that time). Overall I've been pleased with the performance of the SS valves.

I don't have a hour meter (guessing about 160-180 hours), but have ridden the snot out of that bike and logged about 4000 miles of desert riding on it since then. I really should pop off the valve cover and check the valve clearances but haven't. The bike is running like a champ and pulling hard all around. My guess is the OEM titanium set would have needed work by now. Hard to stop riding and check a finely running machine. Ride, ride, ride, work, ride, ride, ride....my wife says "I have issues."

:confused::excuseme: Check those valves and shim them to spec. I find the SS intakes stay in spec longer once shimmed. :excuseme::sweden:

I did check the valve clearances the other night. They are still within the specifications.

Need to watch out over-torquing those special shaped valve cover bolts when reinstalling the valve cover.