Sign in to follow this  

new oil strainer PLEASE HELP

hey guys the guy i bought my bike from took out the oil strainer and tottally muched it so its no longer useable. its the little strainer like peice that i beleive goes in the hole of the crank case oil drain (correct me if im worng) but the idiots at the store cant find that part in any of their blown out views on the computer screen and therefore look at me and have no idea what im talking about. i left the part there with them to ask around but i dont think im gonna have any luck. do any one you guys know what website might have this part listed in a schimatic or possibly shed some light onto my problem

thanks alot

What year bike?

The crank case drain plug does NOT have a strainer...

its a 06 and yes it goes cause im looknig at the manual rite now appearntly it goes inside the crankcase oil drain

There is no strainer in the crankcase, I have had them apart many a time. Why would you strain the used oil coming out of the bike anyway? The one you are probably after is located in the return hose from the oil tank in the frame. The number for that is 5TA-21756-00-00 and it costs about $20. Hope that helps. Oh, take the hose off the tank by the fitting, not by using the clamp, thats how I wrecked mine.

This is ONLY true if it is an 06 steel framed WR. The 06 and newer aluminum framed YZFs oil reservoirs are not a part of the frame. They DO have a tiny strainer at the bottom of their external reservoir but that is NOT the same part number as the steel framed models.

Like I said, go to www.yamahaoftroy.com and look up the part number then give it to the parts guy and order it.

There is no strainer in the crankcase, I have had them apart many a time. Why would you strain the used oil coming out of the bike anyway? The one you are probably after is located in the return hose from the oil tank in the frame. The number for that is 5TA-21756-00-00 and it costs about $20. Hope that helps. Oh, take the hose off the tank by the fitting, not by using the clamp, thats how I wrecked mine.