Pic of the new acerbis tank...

i think this tank looks great!! all i need is some stickers!!!

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj214/fastgixx75/?action=view&current=313.jpg

A couple questions if you dont mind. How much more capacity than stock? Does it fit good, or do you have to ram, wedge and pry into place? Does it come with a petcock? Is there any wasted capacity under the petcock? Why did you choose Acerbis? Any other observations? Thanks

Looks great ....

Curious ... where did you get the DR sticker that is on your swingarm ??

Thanks .. Larry

Order a drz sticker from wheeling cycle supply and user a razor to cut out the z

A couple questions if you dont mind. How much more capacity than stock? Does it fit good, or do you have to ram, wedge and pry into place? Does it come with a petcock? Is there any wasted capacity under the petcock? Why did you choose Acerbis? Any other observations? Thanks

This tank holds 4.00 gallons, high quality plastic with a great finish, fits great if not better than stock nice and tight, cheaper than an ims @195$, i got it for looks basically and lil extra gas, petcock works great and no leaks however, i had to flip it around so there was a nice straight run to the carby so the petcock is backwards otherwise my gas line would look like a big S no big deal to me... but still annoying dont know why they would make it like that?? a real nice smooth finish on it too...

i got it from http://www.tpimotorcycleparts.com/ fast shippers and cool to deal with!!!

Looks great ....

Curious ... where did you get the DR sticker that is on your swingarm ??

Thanks .. Larry

Its a DR-Z sticker that i just cut away the Z!!! i need some more stickers i think itr looks real boring right now!! but i was saving that for last!!! :confused:

That is a great looking ACERBIS 4.0 tank Fastgixx:thumbsup:

Everything he said about the quality of the tank is true. I have an ACERBIS 4.2 on my DRZ400 (the yellow bike in my previous pics) and I just love it:thumbsup:

However, for my DR650 (the blue bike in the same pics), I wanted more range so I ended up getting the IMS 4.9 gallon tank in the NATURAL Color. It too is very well made and the tank fit right on with ease.

BUT................:excuseme:

I had to modify the stock seat mounts a bit to get the seat to mount up. It wasn't much in that I only had to elongate the mounting holes that attach the seat mounts to the frame by about 1/2". After doing this, the seat mounted right up:applause:

I can't comment on the other popular seats out there, but I'm sure others will step right in as this thread is viewed more.

Both tanks are very well made (much better than a Clarke I previously owned) and both should last a very long time. I do like the metal part on the fuel tank where the fuel cap attaches on the ACERBIS a lot, but the hard plastic on the IMS works well. The Fuel Tap for the IMS is better made than the ACERBIS Taps, but I plan to replace both of them with a good OEM Yamaha WR Fuel Tap with a larger reserve soon.

HappyRiding !!

:confused::excuseme:

Yeah, the Acerbis looks a bit more sleek, but I too wanted even more capacity. The IMS is a bit more bulbous, and seemed like a tight fit with the seat. I was thinking about elongating the seat bracket holes, but a couple of thumps on the back of the seat, and it slid on fine.

I read a lot of stuff about weird fit and finish of the IMS, and some funky petcock issues...but it seems those have been resolved. Acerbis stuff has always been well-made. I guess it really comes down to how much fuel capacity you need.

SS

Is this a new design? I have an older Acerbis tank that is a bear to fit as well as being solid mounted to the frame at the rear of tank. Because of this I went back to stock, I couldn't mount the tank alone and the thing vibed my legs making an itching sensation. It also has really old school 96 era decals.