Leftover Husqvarna bike buyers guide

How about a sticky with listings of new leftover Husqvarna treasures, made by enthusiasts, not dealers? The power of the group to help collectors/Husky fans save a few of the odd bikes stuck in a dealer corner. Motivated by the very nice TE410 recently "saved":applause:

I'll start, a 04 TC450, 04 TE250, both new at Town & Country in Hamburg, NJ.

How about a sticky with listings of new leftover Husqvarna treasures, made by enthusiasts, not dealers? The power of the group to help collectors/Husky fans save a few of the odd bikes stuck in a dealer corner. Motivated by the very nice TE410 recently "saved":applause:

That is a great idea. I'd love to find a new 360 sitting around.

Greg

As a side note; T&C will be getting some new bikes in by the end of the week. I called yesterday to order some parts. After hearing that there will be new bikes on the floor I'll make the 2 hour drive instead of having the parts shipped to me.

Steve in Sales, with Halls, said they had on display a leftover 87 CR250 that a customer bought on ebay. Their customer is willing to let it go for 7g's as FYI the last time Steve talked to him. That was not long ago.

2007 TE-610

Wilmington Powersports

Wilmington, NC

Look them up on the web. Tell the sales guy Will Boone sent you & he expects a damned discount on a 2009 TE-510 for the refferal.

Those TE610's are great machines! :confused:

How about a sticky with listings of new leftover Husqvarna treasures...

Things like this are incredibly important. But so are most of the threads in this section of TT. The Important info sticky thread is about as full as it can be, I've been toying with the idea of a "Not as Important Info" or Table of contents sticky but it still comes down to having too much info in a small space to digest, sorta like chugging a really good beer instead of sipping it.

Not sure how to handle things like this.

On Advrider the guys keep a craigslist thread alive just by adding new info, its always near the top, if this hooks, it hooks! I'm hoping it uncovers a few gems and saves a few from the back corner of teh dealers across the world. Happy riders+happy bikes=more Huskys out there soakin it in!

Sorry.

I've seen it, used it, and I still think the way other sites do it is preferable to me.

Classifieds section is not done in the 'forum' format like SMJ and KTMTalk, which I think not only hurts it's appeal, but usefulness. The prospective sellers and buyers are continuously asking/answering the same questions via PM that could be done once in a forum format that everyone could read. It's more efficient and informative. That's my point.

I try to make suggestions for improvement where I see 'em. Since I seem to be in the minority on this one, I'll F-off and not bring it up again.

Sorry.

I've seen it, used it, and I still think the way other sites do it is preferable to me.

Classifieds section is not done in the 'forum' format like SMJ and KTMTalk, which I think not only hurts it's appeal, but usefulness. The prospective sellers and buyers are continuously asking/answering the same questions via PM that could be done once in a forum format that everyone could read. It's more efficient and informative. That's my point.

Don't think a whole lot of people would disagree with you.... not something I have any control over.

Man, there used to be a motorcycle dealer in the Kent/Youngstown Ohio area back in the early/mid 1990's that specialized in finding 'leftover new in the crate' bikes. I would go there and drool over new/leftover bikes from yesteryear (mostly street bikes though, but some interesting dirt stuff once in a while). They had some old Suzuki Gama two-stroke streetbikes leftover from the early/mid 1980s new in the box, some 1980s Yamaha two-stroke streetbikes new in the box, and some neat leftover enduro bikes from the late 1970s and early 1980s. The saleman told me that they constantly searched for dealers who were closing shop and selling everything, then they would swoop in and buy up any leftover-new stock. Sometimes the new shop owner would hold on to some neat stuff until it was old enough to be semi-collectable then he would release it for sale. I don't know whatever happened to that dealership, but they were pretty cool. They also had a bunch of smaller displacement sportbikes from Europe that we don't usually see here (400cc CBRs and Ninjas for example). I would like to find a Husqvarna dealer like that. I don't know why, but it is just cool!