My New Bike!

Just picked up my new bike; a 2007 DRZ 400S. It only has 54 miles on it. I paid $4500. How did I do? He was asking $5000.

I haven't had a bike since 1989 (Honda XL 600). I hope I won't be disappointed with the new one. The Honda had a ton of torque! :excuseme:

Hope to see you on the trail or online!:confused:

Hi Dan, welcome.gif

Sounds like you got a really good deal!:confused:

I paid $6,500 for my new 07SM... but you know, when you're riding... you're not thinking about what it cost.:excuseme:

And don't worry... hang around here long enough, and we'll help you spend a lot more than that $500 you saved. :excuseme:

Take Care,

Greg

Just picked up my new bike; a 2007 DRZ 400S. It only has 54 miles on it. I paid $4500. How did I do? He was asking $5000.

I haven't had a bike since 1989 (Honda XL 600). I hope I won't be disappointed with the new one. The Honda had a ton of torque! :excuseme:

Hope to see you on the trail or online!:confused:

you did really well, going new woulda shot that up with dealer feels. I shudder to think the money I could have saved by going used...I swear I will never learn..

Welcome! keep the soft side up

Nice! Welcome to TT!

Now go spend those savings on mods :confused:

I think you got a good deal. I just bought a 2005 SM with 1200 miles for $4000. Which is actually pretty good too. I was also looking at a 2005 400S which was going for $4800. After I made an offer the guy went down to $4600, but that was it. It had 600 miles, a corbin seat, skid plate, handlebars, handguards, and a stainless oil filter.

Looking for mods.......Where to start??? :confused:

TT or CFC case savers

unabiker radiator guards

those are the first two things to buy then

rejet

3x3 mod

should be done asap as well

manual cam chain tensioner

real tires instead of the deathwings

Welcome and readup. The FAQ has kept me out of trouble on most of the simple issues and these guys are a wealth of info. If spring has sprung in Oregon do yourself a favour and get rid of the Deathwings PDQ or you will learn why they got their name.

drcool

Welcome and readup. The FAQ has kept me out of trouble on most of the simple issues and these guys are a wealth of info. If spring has sprung in Oregon do yourself a favour and get rid of the Deathwings PDQ or you will learn why they got their name.

drcool

Deathwings.....boy do I have a ton of reading to do!

I haven't had a bike since 1989 (Honda XL 600). I hope I won't be disappointed with the new one. The Honda had a ton of torque! :sweden:

Hope to see you on the trail or online!:excuseme:

Congratulations! You got a good deal, my friend. I just purchased a 07 S myself about 3 weeks ago and it cost me just shy of 5500. Now here is the good and bad news.. The good is that you saved an easy 500 to a grand on that purchase.. The bad is you will EASILY spend all that and more once you get the modifying bug! :excuseme: I have already ordered 500 bucks worth of protective gear and minor upgrades for mine and I'm just getting started. :confused:

Enjoy your new bike. I hope you love it at least half as much as I love mine!

I totally understand the modifying bug. I have a diesel truck and accidently went to a forum about those mods......

At least the bike is a lot cheaper to work on....:confused: