Looking to buy Beta... 450 or 525????

Im looking into buying a new 2008 Beta. My question is, what are some of yall's opinion's on buying either the 450, or 525. I will be buying the RS model for the dual sport purpose. I will ride it to work alot (only 2 miles away) and i will do alot of fire road, some single track, and the occasional trip to the dunes. So answer away!! All opinions are welcome!!

:confused:

D. Blue

Im looking into buying a new 2008 Beta. My question is, what are some of yall's opinion's on buying either the 450, or 525. I will be buying the RS model for the dual sport purpose. I will ride it to work alot (only 2 miles away) and i will do alot of fire road, some single track, and the occasional trip to the dunes. So answer away!! All opinions are welcome!!

D. Blue

525. No question. Ive ridden a 450 KTM and a 525 (same motor) and I can tell you there is no way in hell I would buy a 450 after riding the 525. Better grunt down low, and more tractable power across the board imo. Better motor in the same chassis.

http://www.americanbeta.com/miscpage_002.asp

there is one in Tigard OR. Beaverton Honda Yahama.

I would liked to have rode a 525 but I can tell you, I love my 450. 47hp on the dyno after rejetting is good enough for me, I guess it has to be lol.

http://www.americanbeta.com/miscpage_002.asp

there is one in Tigard OR. Beaverton Honda Yahama.

I would liked to have rode a 525 but I can tell you, I love my 450. 47hp on the dyno after rejetting is good enough for me, I guess it has to be lol.

I was in beaverton yamaha the other day & they had both the 450 & 525. These are awesome looking bikes. How is the service & dealer support from the beaverton dealer? Also, about the jetting. Do these bikes seem to be jetted somewhat close?

I amnot to sure about the jrtting really. My 05 beta was one of the first here in WA and was jettied by JD himself. for testing.

Dirt bike mag just had their test on a 08 450RR & they seemed to give it a good fair review! If it rides & handles anywhere near like my husky TE 510 I will be happy. I really dont even need another bike, let alone one in the same class as my husky, but after seeing the Beta, I dont think I can resist!!! I wont be happy till i have so many bikes in my garage that i cant walk through it!!

For Dual Sport purposes, I would go with the 525 no questions~

I have the 08' 450 RR for racing and it is perfect! You will want the extra on the pavement.

salmonroy...what a name...have a good vacation...race up in oregon sounds good...lets get a road trip planned so we can spend 500 on fuel ....K:ride:

525. No question. Ive ridden a 450 KTM and a 525 (same motor) and I can tell you there is no way in hell I would buy a 450 after riding the 525. Better grunt down low, and more tractable power across the board imo. Better motor in the same chassis.

The guys on the Beta team succesfully racing them are all on the 525. That should tell you everything you need to know.

The 525 is one sweet engine, always has been. Sometimes I really miss mine.