Sign in to follow this  

2008 Crf 230 L

i just purchased one , bike is light, quick,brakes are excellent. Will and 'F' model aftermarket pipe fit on the 'L' version. Also how do you remove the seat?

Are they actually all that different? Same frame and motor aren't they? To remove the seat; remove the two nuts, collars, and bolts. Pull straight back and it will slide up and out. Providing it is the same as the F.

-Matt

Nevermind, just read that it is a different frame and has numerous changes in the motor.

-Matt

Nevermind, just read that it is a different frame and has numerous changes in the motor.

-Matt

yah the bike pulls 75mph easily I dont know a 230f that can do that. the seat is a little lower than the 230f also.

you know what from what I can see in the pics on the honda site, the pipe is very similar just longer and maybe a little more restrictive.

Just bought a new CRF230L from Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA and they are selling for $3,999 plus tax and license. Honda has a great financing program if interested (3.9%). I'm the first person to buy one from this dealer (weather has been bad).

This bike is made in Japan and I noticed that the frame is different and the engine cases look different as well from the 230F (which I've also owned and loved).

Pass on my comments on how it rides and performs later.

• Like 1

Just bought a new CRF230L from Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA and they are selling for $3,999 plus tax and license. Honda has a great financing program if interested (3.9%). I'm the first person to buy one from this dealer (weather has been bad).

This bike is made in Japan and I noticed that the frame is different and the engine cases look different as well from the 230F (which I've also owned and loved).

well of course they are going to be different they are completely different bikes. Its kind of funny how much different dual sports are from regular bikes.

Just bought a new CRF230L from Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA and they are selling for $3,999 plus tax and license.

Thanks for the update - I've got a few friends considering these bikes for dual sport riding. Of course the other bikes that they are considering are larger like the Suzuki DRZ 400 and the Kawai KLX 250s which seem to be in short supply.

I really hope that our local dealer here will allow one of the floor models to be prepped and ridden for demo's. I think they have two in stock right now, talking with the sales mgr. there are plenty of tire kickers looking at this bike. But are somewhat turned away by the list price of the bike...

Personally I wish Honda would have come out with a dual sport like they offer in Spain which is a 400CC bike, don't recall the model number though.:prof::bonk::confused:

Time will tell....

the dealer dicked me on a manual ,anyone know what octane gas i should be runnning?

probably 91 or higher like the 230f.