EVS web knee brace.....Is it good!

I was thinking about purchasing a web knee brace from evs and was wondering if anyone has one and would like to share their knowledge about it. I tweaked my left knee this past sunday riding and wanted some protection when it healed a little for my next race in about two weeks. They are a little expensive so I wanted to make sure it is worth the money. I wanted a brace that would protect my knee from being twisted side to side,one that would protect the meniscal on the inner and outer part of the knee.

I would like to know if they are any good also.

go with cti's your insurance will prob cover them. first go to a doc, they will hook you up with the brace guy, he t hen sees you, measures your leg and what not, then about a week later you pick up your cti's. Insurance covered 90% of mine, just wish i would have had them when i tore my acl and meniscus

IMO, stay away from stiff knee braces.

dont you have to have some serious knee injury to get them from your doctor?

I was issued a Goldpoint brace. It allows 90% movement, but keeps the knee joint aligned so it won't blow out to either side. I severely hurt mine snow skiing, requiring 4 surgeries over 2 years. The brace is a bit on the bulky side, BUT it gives quite a bit of protection ~

JM

Are they good, No.

go with cti's your insurance will prob cover them. first go to a doc, they will hook you up with the brace guy, he t hen sees you, measures your leg and what not, then about a week later you pick up your cti's. Insurance covered 90% of mine, just wish i would have had them when i tore my acl and meniscus
Yea!! your insurance will cover it .....but only! if you have met your deductable(which is the catch).

You cant just walk in the doctors office and say "I need a knee brace Doc",write me a persription for one!........ You first have to get the doctor to evaluate your knee have x-rays done and then he will probally order a MRI, and when all this is done it is filed to your insurance and after they have paid their part and you have met your deductable then you can ask the Doc if he will perscribe you a brace,and nine times out of ten it wont be the type or kind you want(like a cti) it will be some other kind not for racing. BTW a mri will probally cost $1500.00 to $2000.00 dollars and the x-rays will cost you out of pocket around $50.00 and the mri will cost $250.00 out of pocket. So you could have already bought a web knee brace for what you already spent on going to the Doctor.

i have a pair of EVS webs and i love them but everyone is different so i dont know about you

I really love my EVS Webs. One thing though. They will protect you from hyperextening your knee and side to side movement, but to my knowledge NO kneebrace even the CTI will prevent you from twisting your knee. They probably help, but no guarantees.

i have a pair of EVS webs and i love them but everyone is different so i dont know about you

When you wear yor webs do they protect your knee from twisting(like to the side)......What Iam saying is will they protect your knee from a fall where your the shin bone is going in and the upper leg (above the knee) is pushed outward(opposite directions)

When you wear yor webs do they protect your knee from twisting(like to the side)......What Iam saying is will they protect your knee from a fall where your the shin bone is going in and the upper leg (above the knee) is pushed outward(opposite directions)

yes they will, like said in this post doesnt allow hyperextension and sise to side movemenet.hyperextend has 3 different degrees you can set at. i love my pair, really thin and doesnt protrude out that much, and didnt take long at all to learn how to ride with them.and of course not as good as custom ctis but i think they are pretty darn good for the money

If it were up to you guys!.....which would be the best> a web knee brace or the ct180 by cti which runs about $306.00 and for $90.00 more you can get the motocross package which includes patella cup,brace bag,under sleeve and gear saver.

You guys do realize that these braces increase the chances of a broken femur right? Ive had a knee injury, and was walking normal after bout 5-6 months, there are kids that have been out for a few years trying to get back up to speed from a femur

You guys do realize that these braces increase the chances of a broken femur right? Ive had a knee injury, and was walking normal after bout 5-6 months, there are kids that have been out for a few years trying to get back up to speed from a femur

that is a known fact and thats how they r designed,due to ligamints are more crucial than bones. bones heal better, and did alot of research before i bought mine about 90% doctors say its better to break a tib or femur than acl and meniscus tears, etc... knee surgurys just dont hold as good 20 years down the road compared.

that is a known fact and thats how they r designed,due to ligamints are more crucial than bones. bones heal better, and did alot of research before i bought mine about 90% doctors say its better to break a tib or femur than acl and meniscus tears, etc... knee surgurys just dont hold as good 20 years down the road compared.

yes, but you can die from a broken femur. dr. mark in the fitness section even cautions towards stiff braces.

Not sure about the CTI's, but the EVS webs have crumble zones. Meaning that if the impact is great enough the carbon fiber will give so that you do not break a femur. They actually work, because I'm on my second set. I actually was even able to continue to use them after the top part cracked. It still stablized my knee and worked just as well. Used them for probably 2 more years before I replaced them. IMO great braces and highly recommend them. If you want to stay away from the hard knee braces EVS offers a couple other types that work just as well and do not have a hard shell.

Well when I had my accident to my left knee I was wearing the EVS RS7 knee brace. For some reason it didnt seem to do the job it was suppose to do so I want to up grade to a better brace,like the web,cti edge,cti morph or the cti flex I just dont know which one to get. If anyone has the CTI line chime in and tell us which one you have and how it performs. When I do finally decide I am leaning toward a CTI MORPH because it looks cool and also it has the flexion stops and the flex stops to control how much you can flex and bend your leg.

When I do finally decide I am leaning toward a CTI MORPH because it looks cool and also it has the flexion stops and the flex stops to control how much you can flex and bend your leg.

capton knobbie, your right the ctis r better if you get custom fit, but remember that the web also has 3 diff. hyperextion settings like the ctis.

Hated mine.