Sign in to follow this  

Ever consider a RMZ450 front master cyl

to drop weight on the DR ? First I'm a weight junkie . I took a ZRX @ 542 wet / stock to a whopping 410 pounds in race trim and 450 in normal street duty so its only natural for me to look @ the fat on the DR . After all dropping pounds makes for a better handling machine or the option to carry more cargo to the camp site . I can see were i can lose 10 to 15 plus pounds with out even affecting trying . I was at the dealer tonight dropping of some more coin on my DR and noticed how small and good looking the RMZ450 master cyl was . I know there will be no front brake light switch if you use it but I always disconnect my front anyway in case i have to hit the brake for ticket reasons with out showing a brake light .

I see the DRZ250 tail light looks nice and lighter than the DR's light . What kind of mods have some of you done besides the exhaust to drop weight off of your DR650's ? I'm currently in the works on a light weight head light like the one I put together for my ZRX that was 13 ounces lighter than the stock unit . heres is a link to the RMZ450 master and price

never made a conscious effort to lower the weight on the dr, but I did the buell headlight mod w/ brackets i made which i believe in the end was lighter then the stock headlight with brackets.

never thought of the rmz in particular, but it would be cool, for the stocker is fugly

to drop weight on the DR ? First I'm a weight junkie . I took a ZRX @ 542 wet / stock to a whopping 410 pounds in race trim and 450 in normal street duty so its only natural for me to look @ the fat on the DR . After all dropping pounds makes for a better handling machine or the option to carry more cargo to the camp site . I can see were i can lose 10 to 15 plus pounds with out even affecting trying . I was at the dealer tonight dropping of some more coin on my DR and noticed how small and good looking the RMZ450 master cyl was . I know there will be no front brake light switch if you use it but I always disconnect my front anyway in case i have to hit the brake for ticket reasons with out showing a brake light .

I see the DRZ250 tail light looks nice and lighter than the DR's light . What kind of mods have some of you done besides the exhaust to drop weight off of your DR650's ? I'm currently in the works on a light weight head light like the one I put together for my ZRX that was 13 ounces lighter than the stock unit . heres is a link to the RMZ450 master and price

Is the RMZ master cylinder piston diameter the same as the DR's?... or are you planning on using the RMZ's caliper as well? I'm thinking it is much larger in diameter since the RMZ has a two piston caliper. Consider the master cylinder piston as the counter shaft sprocket and the caliper as the rear sprocket. If you install a bigger CS sprocket you loose torque (braking force in this case) but gain speed caliper piston movement. So now you have a lever that barely moves before the brake pads start to engage.... which also loses you the leverage advantage.... plus you loose force from the taller gearing. :confused:

A lot of guys do the rear tail light mod and get a DRZ250 tail light. they will bolt directly to our DR looks really sharp too. Look on Kientech.com for some other common mods and farkle.

Is the RMZ master cylinder piston diameter the same as the DR's?... or are you planning on using the RMZ's caliper as well? I'm thinking it is much larger in diameter since the RMZ has a two piston caliper. Consider the master cylinder piston as the counter shaft sprocket and the caliper as the rear sprocket. If you install a bigger CS sprocket you loose torque (braking force in this case) but gain speed caliper piston movement. So now you have a lever that barely moves before the brake pads start to engage.... which also loses you the leverage advantage.... plus you loose force from the taller gearing. :confused:

The DR has a dual piston caliper , and yes i am aware of the piston bore diameter and changes to witch it can affect the feel/performance of the brakes . Thats why im buying a used item from e bay to experiment with first . By the way its not my first rodeo :excuseme:

The DR has a dual piston caliper , and yes i am aware of the piston bore diameter and changes to witch it can affect the feel/performance of the brakes . Thats why im buying a used item from e bay to experiment with first . By the way its not my first rodeo :excuseme:

No offense meant.... :confused: