T-handles are they worth it?

all my life ive been the old fashoned ratched kind of guy but im thinking its time to finally break down and get some t handles, whats the good word on this issue. i understand they arent for tight places and fine work but more external stuff that needs to be removed quickly. on that note who makes a good set, ive been looking at motion pro of course, applied racing and msr

i have a small t-handle thats 1/4 drive and you can put any size on it. and you can use all 3 "ends" so if you need more leverage you can have it by using the smaller handle part and using the long part as the handle if that makes sense. i love them. i use them more than anything else i have. i dont know where its from. i think its applied but idk. it was a gift.

I don't really like t-handles. I use a 1/4 ratchet with a 6 inch extention for most things cuz it gets the ratchout out of the way.

I use my T-handles more than ratchets for quick bike projects. The long reach is nice, they're fast and they fit into tight spots. Get a set; you'll use them.

I use them at the track or trail head every time.. They are quick in that, the "right" sized socket is already on the wrench. I painted the 6mm and 10mm different colors, so it can be seen and snached up quick, by my self, or anyone standing around, even if they do not know what a "10mm T wrench " is.. LOL

The 1/4 drive rachet set is never far away.. but the T handles are great for a quick fix

Just got a set of the Motion Pro's in 1/4 & 3/8 drive. Awesome! :confused:

Don't know how I worked all these years without them.

all my life ive been the old fashoned ratched kind of guy but im thinking its time to finally break down and get some t handles, whats the good word on this issue. i understand they arent for tight places and fine work but more external stuff that needs to be removed quickly. on that note who makes a good set, ive been looking at motion pro of course, applied racing and msr

I have/use the MP metric set all the time and don't regret the purchase. I use them for breaking the bike down to the frame, all the handle bar controls, triple clamps, etc. I'll resort to a standard socket for torquing stuf, but things like hand controls, I don't even screw w/ torque, just some blue loctite and boom.

I've got allen sockets and enough extensions to get to about anything. I've never considered T-handles. I can see places they're handy though ~

JM

Love mine. Got a cheap set at Harbor Freight to see if I would like them and I do! The quality has been fine from Harbor Freight so far also.

I've never considered T-handles. I can see places they're handy though

JM

The long extension and 'T' make spinning fasteners fast. You'll start to know real quick which ones on a given machine that you can break loose then tap one side of the 'T' and they're spin off (for the most part).

I love them!

I don't know if I could live without mine.

they will keep you from stripping many aluminum parts...

Yes they are worth it. And also get the T-handle holder that fits on the side of your tool box, very convenient. Need to pop your seat off to get the air filter, grab a T-handle. No fussing with sockets unless really needed. I love my T-handles.

TUSK from RockyMountainmc.com. Cheap and they work.

I love t handles. I dont have any but have used friends. I think I may buy a set now.

I can second the recomendation on the Tusk brand. Nice quality, nice price. Very satisfied with my set. Bought a couple of sets for two of my brother-in-laws and they love them.

I have the Motion Pro set, I only use 8, 10 and 12. They make it faster. I have a 3/8" cordless impact that really scoots.

They are a must have. Dont buy the cheaper steel. They wear out and strip out.

get em. i left mine in my trailer which is in storage. i was working on my bike last night and man do i miss using them. having to change a sockets everytime sucks. they will be your new best friend!!!