Sign in to follow this  

T-handles are they worth it?

all my life ive been the old fashoned ratched kind of guy but im thinking its time to finally break down and get some t handles, whats the good word on this issue. i understand they arent for tight places and fine work but more external stuff that needs to be removed quickly. on that note who makes a good set, ive been looking at motion pro of course, applied racing and msr

i have a small t-handle thats 1/4 drive and you can put any size on it. and you can use all 3 "ends" so if you need more leverage you can have it by using the smaller handle part and using the long part as the handle if that makes sense. i love them. i use them more than anything else i have. i dont know where its from. i think its applied but idk. it was a gift.

I don't really like t-handles. I use a 1/4 ratchet with a 6 inch extention for most things cuz it gets the ratchout out of the way.

I use my T-handles more than ratchets for quick bike projects. The long reach is nice, they're fast and they fit into tight spots. Get a set; you'll use them.

I use them at the track or trail head every time.. They are quick in that, the "right" sized socket is already on the wrench. I painted the 6mm and 10mm different colors, so it can be seen and snached up quick, by my self, or anyone standing around, even if they do not know what a "10mm T wrench " is.. LOL

The 1/4 drive rachet set is never far away.. but the T handles are great for a quick fix

Just got a set of the Motion Pro's in 1/4 & 3/8 drive. Awesome! :confused:

Don't know how I worked all these years without them.

all my life ive been the old fashoned ratched kind of guy but im thinking its time to finally break down and get some t handles, whats the good word on this issue. i understand they arent for tight places and fine work but more external stuff that needs to be removed quickly. on that note who makes a good set, ive been looking at motion pro of course, applied racing and msr

I have/use the MP metric set all the time and don't regret the purchase. I use them for breaking the bike down to the frame, all the handle bar controls, triple clamps, etc. I'll resort to a standard socket for torquing stuf, but things like hand controls, I don't even screw w/ torque, just some blue loctite and boom.

I've got allen sockets and enough extensions to get to about anything. I've never considered T-handles. I can see places they're handy though ~

JM

Love mine. Got a cheap set at Harbor Freight to see if I would like them and I do! The quality has been fine from Harbor Freight so far also.

I've never considered T-handles. I can see places they're handy though

JM

The long extension and 'T' make spinning fasteners fast. You'll start to know real quick which ones on a given machine that you can break loose then tap one side of the 'T' and they're spin off (for the most part).

Yes they are worth it. And also get the T-handle holder that fits on the side of your tool box, very convenient. Need to pop your seat off to get the air filter, grab a T-handle. No fussing with sockets unless really needed. I love my T-handles.

I can second the recomendation on the Tusk brand. Nice quality, nice price. Very satisfied with my set. Bought a couple of sets for two of my brother-in-laws and they love them.

I have the Motion Pro set, I only use 8, 10 and 12. They make it faster. I have a 3/8" cordless impact that really scoots.

They are a must have. Dont buy the cheaper steel. They wear out and strip out.

get em. i left mine in my trailer which is in storage. i was working on my bike last night and man do i miss using them. having to change a sockets everytime sucks. they will be your new best friend!!!