BRAND NEW 07 KX250f

just brought mine home from the dealership stoked ill have pics up tomorrow hopefully:ride: :confused::excuseme:

oil the air filter grease linkage and swingarm. mine were good so i didnt mess with greasing the headset. put an hour meter on it

what do you all use for hour meters? I have them on all my lawn mowers that I got from the mower shop for like 25 bucks. anything smaller/better/cheaper?

alright thanks ill take a look at the air cleaner it never crossed my mind that it wouldnt have oil on it

what do you mean by headset though?:confused:

Didn´t you get the headset for Kawasakis integrated intercom???

Haha, no he meant the steering stem bearings.

And change the oil and check/change oilfilter after ½ to 1 hour of running, just to be on the safe side!

oil the air filter grease linkage and swingarm. mine were good so i didnt mess with greasing the headset. put an hour meter on it

What hourmeter do you recommend?

i bought one from sears in the lawn mower section for $30. same thing as dr. d sells for what $45 or so? use electrical tape or zipties to zip type it to your frame under the shroud. I rode 1.2 hours on the stock air filter(outside had oil on it) but when i took it off it was completely dry on the inside of the filter. Also check the valves I had to shim all 4. Dont forget to check spoke tension too and go over all the bolts after the first few rides.

i just picked up some hour meters on ebay for 20 bucks each. They seem to work well.

you'll LOVE it:ride:

i bought one from sears in the lawn mower section for $30. same thing as dr. d sells for what $45 or so? use electrical tape or zipties to zip type it to your frame under the shroud. I rode 1.2 hours on the stock air filter(outside had oil on it) but when i took it off it was completely dry on the inside of the filter. Also check the valves I had to shim all 4. Dont forget to check spoke tension too and go over all the bolts after the first few rides.

im thinking about investing in one of thoughs ill go check out sears

i just put locktite on most of my bolts checked the spokes

the aircleaner had some oil but it needed a sealant around the edges but other than that its ready to ride :confused:

Do yourself a favor and tear the whole bike apart and lube the entire chassis. This a great way to learn how the bike goes together and then after evrything is lubed, get yourself a torque wrench and torgue everything down and your good to go

make sure you check all of the bolts on the plastics cause they like to shake loose at first

yeah i put loctite on all of my plastic bolts :confused: