Sign in to follow this  

Near Chicago?

I am looking for some places with a mix of trails and some smaller jumps. Me and few buddies are pretty new to this and are looking for suggestions on some places near chicago. We are on the northwest side near Ohare. Last year we hit rocky glenn and the cliffs a few times. How is Bufflo Range and Fox Valley? Any suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks,

Tony

both of those are great places. they are my 2 favorites. but i ride mx.

I have not been to Buffalo Range but have been to Fox Valley Offroad. FVO is nice, and I think it will fit your needs, they have a smaller MX track and the trails have a good variety.

I am looking for some places with a mix of trails and some smaller jumps. Me and few buddies are pretty new to this and are looking for suggestions on some places near chicago. We are on the northwest side near Ohare. Last year we hit rocky glenn and the cliffs a few times. How is Bufflo Range and Fox Valley? Any suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Either Buffalo or Fox Valley would be a lot better then the other two places you mentioned with Fox Valley probably being the best for you.

For trails and smaller jumps, I recommend Fox Valley too. They have lots of trails, and the ones up by the parking area are pretty good for beginners, but of course there are some nice hills and terrain if you are looking for more of a challenge too. And they also have a fun practice track, with safe tabletop style jumps. www.foxvalleyoffroad.com Buffalo is also another place to check out.

Buffalo and BR are great choices for riding with FVOR more beginner focused and BR Covering everything pretty well.

For the recreational rider you cannot go wrong in either location. Now if we can just get wardy to find a way to segregate those hillbilly couch drivers..... :excuseme:

:confused:

There use to be an awsome little local spot next Castle Metals and O'Hare... I wonder if it's still there? That place had it all, whoops, berms, table tops, wood chips. Other than that BR sounds like it will work for you.

- I also would recomend Red Bud (open April 6th) that track has nice soil and some real smooth jumps and stuff.:confused:

I like BR.I like it a lot.

Never would have guessed, I had you figured as an SX kind of guy.:confused:

Never would have guessed, I had you figured as an SX kind of guy.:confused:

I try to keep it a secret.

I try to keep it a secret.

What else are you keeping secret from us????? :confused:

What else are you keeping secret from us????? :confused:

A hydrualic clutch so my hands don't die this year.

But which one do you like better, Buffalo or BR? :confused::excuseme:

I like them both....if they are good enough for Bundy, they are good enough for me :excuseme::sweden:

Let me know what you think of it. I am considering putting one on mine also.

hydraulic clutch????

I assume you STILL didn't swap out the blue powerband for the pink one?

Poppy come on....you need to buy a step stool, not a hydraulic clutch :excuseme: :excuseme:

In all seriousness with your hand injury, that may be a very good choice for you....never thought of that. :confused:

It sucks,you won't like it.:confused: