Sign in to follow this  

ohlins shock from dr350

hey guys, is it possible to fit it onto a XR400?

I doubt it without fabbing, but you can check the part numbers at the Ohlins web site.

Need to measure length of each and compare. I can't believe any DR ever came with Ohlins so I'd guess somebody made the swap after the fact. I 'think' if they are within a reasonably comparable length you can mount anything you want in anything. If the Ohlin site shows something for a DR, you can see what else it would fit, but if you don't find it just measure them. Spring could be completely wrong for you of course.

did some research and this is what i found..

ohlins.jpg?t=1206031595

there is difference in the length, the stroke and the spring.. what are the mods that i would require?

did some research and this is what i found..

ohlins.jpg?t=1206031595

there is difference in the length, the stroke and the spring.. what are the mods that i would require?

There is no way you will be able to fit this onto the XR. Period.

You are better off selling it to a DRZ owner - who would prize it as it is. And then look for an ohlins set up specifically for the XR400. These have probably been discontinued. If they make one for the xr400 motard units now sold in japan - it can probably be easily modified to fit. (remove an internal spacer, etc. and have a custom spring made).

jeff