Wrong FMFQ2?

I have (in transit, from TT) an FMF Q2 Slip-on for my '07 E. There was only one listed in the TT online store, for years 00-05. I was under the impression that the E hasn't changed in the exhaust department, and assumed that it would fit the 07.

I now see on the FMF website that there's a different part number for the 06-07 model bikes, and now I'm worried that I've ordered the wrong pipe and wasted my money.

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=244

Does anyone know what's changed in recent years, exhaust-wise?

Bump...I'm curious as well

the carbs changed so most likley the exhaust did too...

EDDIE!!!

Wow! For just a bit more you can almost get a full muzzy or SS Yosh for that cost. I know it was most likely cheaper at TT, but still. I'm sure you are going for a quieter pipe though. Good luck with your issue.

I asked this question (in this forum) a long time ago, with no definitive answer from anyone.

I also called the idiots at FMF, and all the moron customer service guy could tell me was that they were different because they had different part numbers. I asked him if he could pull each and tell me the physical difference, but he wasn't allowed to do that, or he was simply too lazy to do it.

What a joke! I've been putting off getting a Q2 just because of this idiot. Why should they get my money if they can't even answer a technical question about one of their products? I mean, what is their customer service/technical dept. do?

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the diameter of the head pipe, but I'm not sure. Didn't the newer E models get the same small diameter head pipe along with the carb from the S?

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the diameter of the head pipe, but I'm not sure. Didn't the newer E models get the same small diameter head pipe along with the carb from the S?

He is in Australia....not the U.S.

I have (in transit, from TT) an FMF Q2 Slip-on for my '07 E. There was only one listed in the TT online store, for years 00-05. I was under the impression that the E hasn't changed in the exhaust department, and assumed that it would fit the 07.

I now see on the FMF website that there's a different part number for the 06-07 model bikes, and now I'm worried that I've ordered the wrong pipe and wasted my money.

http://www.fmfracing.com/products/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=244

Does anyone know what's changed in recent years, exhaust-wise?

I put an E slip on on my 05 S a while ago and it was fine. Then I added the powerbomb header after that.

I hope that's it, because our E in Aus has the big header pipe and the slant body FCR. I guess I'll see what happens when it gets here... My local bike shop has never distinguished between years, so I'm hopng that Aussie E's have been largely the same since '00.

He is in Australia....not the U.S.

Granted. The question, though- What is the difference between the two? My point is that the new number may be for the US models with a skinny pipe.

He still has the fat head pipe, but FMF makes two part numbers. I would personally order the older part number.

Granted. The question, though- What is the difference between the two? My point is that the new number may be for the US models with a skinny pipe.

He still has the fat head pipe, but FMF makes two part numbers. I would personally order the older part number.

I was not commenting on the head pipe diameter but rather "Didn't the newer E models get the same small diameter head pipe along with the carb from the S?".

In case anyone else cares, the OLD part number is the one to fit the Australian 'E. Mine is an '07 model, and the pipe designed for the '00-'05 is a perfect fit.

I've searched other posts and it sounds like the Q2 comes with a gasket to use the stock (small diameter) S/SM header, but if removed, the (larger diameter) powerbomb/E header will fit correctly without the gasket. Is this correct?

Has anyone been able to get more info about the 043065 vs. 043066 part numbers? They still claim both work with either stock or powerbomb headers, so it seems that not much would be different. Could the mounting points be changed to match the S/SM with rear peg vs. the E without? Searches seem to indicate that the mounting points are a little different when putting a true E muffler/slip-on on an S/SM.

No gasket here...

How do you like the q2? I have one coming in the next couple of days. How is the noise level?

How do you like the q2? I have one coming in the next couple of days. How is the noise level?

Significantly quieter than stock, with no notable power decrease. If you want to NOT draw attention to yourself when blasting through nature reserves, then this is the pipe for you. :prof:

Excellent news, Quieter than stock! We ride at home a bit and like to try and not annoy the neighbours. Thanks for the reply