Cl-cl-cl-CLUTCH

My clutch will not work. Again. For like the thousandth time. I finally have my bike all put back together and it's supposed to be bought on Thursday which is tomorrow and the clutch will not work. Me, my friend, his older brother, and their Dad cannot figure it out for the life of us. Everything in the clutch portion is put together correct. We have taken it apart and put it back together by the manual like 5 or 6 times last night and it wouldn't disengage. Am I missing something? Are the plates stuck together? That was our other theory, the bike sat apart for a while but we tried to get them to split and it didn't help. The clutch does not disenage at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you soak the clutch discs in oil overnight before you out it back together? This may be why it is not disengaging?

Have you taken the clutch cover off and try pushing it in by hand? A little burr on the basket/disc could cause it to bind. A frayed cable could do it.

We went through everything else but soaking it, so I'm doing that to the plates as we speak, hoping to lossen them up. The cable is fine, we have adjusted it many many times. I had the basked out like 100 times yesterday. I actually took the basket out and filed the burrs off because it had one on every edge that a plate was on. It doesn't disengage at all. It stumps me. And it stumps my friend's brother who is a mecahanic and has been working on bikes long before I was born.

We went through everything else but soaking it, so I'm doing that to the plates as we speak, hoping to lossen them up. The cable is fine, we have adjusted it many many times. I had the basked out like 100 times yesterday. I actually took the basket out and filed the burrs off because it had one on every edge that a plate was on. It doesn't disengage at all. It stumps me. And it stumps my friend's brother who is a mecahanic and has been working on bikes long before I was born.

One little burr on the inside would stop the first and therefor all the discs/plates from going in.