Sign in to follow this  

LC4 Oil Advice?

Hey Guys,

I have a 2000 Duke 2 and I am changing the oil this weekend. Do any of you have any suggestions on the brand, weight or type of oil to use? The current oil I am using is semi-synthetic Motol, which seams to work well, but I thouhgt I would ask if anyone knew of something better. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

A lot of LC 4 owners have switched to Shell Rotella 5w/40w synthetic..... I did the switch to save a few bucks and found the added bonus of a much smoother gearbox when it comes to shifting....

I have used Mobil 1 20W50 in my 2000 Duke II since new, I dont know if its any better than the motorcycle specific oils but its less expensive, easy to find, and I dont think its any worse than any of the 10 dollar a quart oils.

Ive been using this in ALL my vehicles(even my roadrace bike) for the last 12 years.

http://www.neosyntheticoil.com/

I noticed smoother shifts in all of the bikes and even run it well over 3k miles in one bike with no problems.

I have NOT swiched to Shell Rotella and don't plan to.

Is there a reason you aren't switching? I don't know anything about the Rotella oil, so I'm trying to find more information.

Thanks.

Is there a reason you aren't switching? I don't know anything about the Rotella oil, so I'm trying to find more information.

Thanks.

Because Rotella does not meet JASO requirements.

Rotella is a good oil but so are a lot of others.

Thanks. I'm about 2 weeks into ownership of my LC4 and trying to gather as much information as possible. I use Mobile 1 in all my street bikes, but wasn't sure how it'd hold up for DS.

I use mobile 1 4t that meets JASO requirements. The manual in my 625 says the oil needs to meet JASO requirements, so I think any oil that does should be good to go.