Sign in to follow this  

Airfilter box.

What can i use to clean inside the airfilter box, i don't want to spray water in there and get it in my engine, so what can i do? are there any sprays i can use? etc.

you can get a plastic cap from twin air that replaces your filter and makes a water tight seal so that no water gets into your engine, then wash out your box with a pressure cleaner. or you can take the whole box off and wash it in the sink

ditto on the above. I usually take mine off about once a month and do an all around job on it. I also just use the air-filter cleaner to get inside the airbox and then a paper towel all dirt away. So use air-filter cleaner to dissolve all the dirt and just be carefull about getting dirt in the boot. This is one of those tasks I always hate doing but it has to be done.

WD-40 is actually an excellent cleaner. Use the Twin Air cover suggested, spray the box with WD-40, brush it and rinse it with a garden hose. Works great. :confused:

the best way i think is use doubleD40, or lubricant spray, it works the best i think ive been using it for 3 years now, works great, cleans it and it acts like a magnet towards the dust that gets in there

I spray carb cleaner on a paper towel and wipe the inside of the airbox down with that. Occasionally I'll remove the whole sub frame and wash it out with the water hose and simple green.

I just replaced my filter and used a damp paper towel to wipe most of it away in there.

As already said, intake cover, wipe it out or remove the subframe.

Mine has gotten pretty NASTY in the past. If I can't wipe it out, I remove it and WASH it with simple green. All CLEAN!

I also SEALED1, SEALED2, and SEALED3 the holes in mine with an OLD TIRE and 3M weatherstrip adhesive. It works GREAT!

Here is the step by step of what I did:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598175&highlight=airbox

I use the Twinair cap, Simple Green and a hose. Looks like new.

i just use a old sock.......my air box doesent really get that dirty