East Coast Meet WV?

Hey Everyone,

Team Pro Motion is having there first Summit Point Track Day this season on March 30th-31st. I know we have a few members in that area. I am planning on going with a few other DRZ friends. Anyone interested in turning this into a meet/ride/track day? This is an awesome track for the DRZ400SM. A great time to ride. Especially when you have a good group of DRZ's to play with.

what town is the track located? is it "summit point"? better yet, do you have a zip code?

Are you going on the Shenandoah or Main day? I could see the Shenadoah being fun on the DRZ but feel like the long front straight on the main would take forever. (Last time out I was on my race-prepped SV650.)

what town is the track located? is it "summit point"? better yet, do you have a zip code?

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

The zip is 25446. If you are programing a GPS. Try 100 speedway drive Summit Point WV.

We rode this track alot last season. But not until the end of the season. Once we rode it we got hooked. I tend to ride Pocono almost every weekend. But the Shennandoah Circut at Summit Point is an SM dream. Its a small track with constant elevation changes.

SPS.jpg

Its not a real fast track, so the sprot bikes don't really get a chance to beat on you. The turns are real wide, so the DRZ riders get away with some real stupid lines. You can pass almost anywhere on them. Team Pro Motion is the club hosting this weekend. And later in the season they will be holding a SuperMoto series. Many of the races will be at this track.

We will be at Summit the next 6 weekends shooting and riding. So if this weekend is not good, look at my schedule http://www.racedayphoto.com/. And maybe we can do it a different weekend. April 5th is NYSBC. And I know a bunch of us DRZ'ers will be there for that. NYSBC is cheaper and runs a more laid back event. So if any of who have never been on the track, you might want to try it this weekend. You will get personal Motard attention at a more Motard pace. We should have a nice size Motard group.

Are you going on the Shenandoah or Main day? I could see the Shenadoah being fun on the DRZ but feel like the long front straight on the main would take forever. (Last time out I was on my race-prepped SV650.)

Opps

THe 30th is the only Shen day. I doubt I will ride main, but I will be there of all the TPM days. I might ride a session or 2 before I shoot. I will not miss a session on the Shenandoah. It will be too much fun to miss a minute.

yeah, mr.dumass here.

i didn't catch the WV thing the first time around. i saw PA & was hoping for poconos or similar distance from me.

25446 is a 300 mile one way trip for me :confused:

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/

The zip is 25446. If you are programing a GPS. Try 100 speedway drive Summit Point WV.

We rode this track alot last season. But not until the end of the season. Once we rode it we got hooked. I tend to ride Pocono almost every weekend. But the Shennandoah Circut at Summit Point is an SM dream. Its a small track with constant elevation changes.

SPS.jpg

Its not a real fast track, so the sprot bikes don't really get a chance to beat on you. The turns are real wide, so the DRZ riders get away with some real stupid lines. You can pass almost anywhere on them. Team Pro Motion is the club hosting this weekend. And later in the season they will be holding a SuperMoto series. Many of the races will be at this track.

We will be at Summit the next 6 weekends shooting and riding. So if this weekend is not good, look at my schedule http://www.racedayphoto.com/. And maybe we can do it a different weekend. April 5th is NYSBC. And I know a bunch of us DRZ'ers will be there for that. NYSBC is cheaper and runs a more laid back event. So if any of who have never been on the track, you might want to try it this weekend. You will get personal Motard attention at a more Motard pace. We should have a nice size Motard group.

Dennis I'll try and make it. William1 and I are putting a new engine in my bike this weekend so I'll be ready to go. I'll PM you later and we can get the info on each other to meet at the track. I live about 5 miles from there:-)

Don't worry

There will be plenty of Pocono days. And I will be at most if not all of them. I have a few conflicts where I am at 2 tracks at the same time. My kid will be at Pocono while I go to where else I need to be. Our little DRZ group spends a lot of time there. And I will let you know when we are grouping up. We are the photographers for a few tracks and clubs. So we find ourselves at the track most weekends. We just got back from VIR. Here is a shot from this weekend.

stage01.jpg

Go easy on me. The bike is not done yet. I thru on half my new plastics and half the old. My side covers and front fender are not done yet. And I have the wrong tires on the bike. But I wanted to ride this weekend. So I ripped off teh knobbies and went for it.

Doug, see if you can get William to come out. I want to see his new ride....Dennis

I can't wait to get on Summit Point.:confused: