06 250R won't start cold #*@!!

This is actually my buddy's bike, and he is ready to push it off a cliff. Once it is started & runs for awhile.. no problem. It starts fine & runs great. But, if you let the bike sit for a few days, it simply don't want to start. You can kick it for 30min or even push it off & it wont' start. It might hit just a little when you push it off, but that's it. Valves were just done (kibblewhite intakes) & no issues with the bike after it is warm, or even if you ride it daily. Let it sit cold for a few days &... forget it. Any ideas ?

do you follow the procedure in the owners manual for starting it?

drain the carb after each ride or when it is going to sit for a while. than when starting turn the fuel on and the choke than blip the throttle a few times than kick it without giving it any throttle, if it does not start or sputters and dies do a few more blips and kick again without giving it any throttle. that always works for me. wnce it is started let it sit and warm up for a couple minutes til the radiators are warm.

yeah turn your gas off and let it run out... than like 3ecrf said, give it some gas, let off and kick, works for me... or if it doesnt work ill hold it WOT for 2-3 kicks and if it doesnt start during WOT i let off and usually it starts right up

make shur thoose vavles are still in spec. definitly sounds like a valve problem

make shur thoose vavles are still in spec. definitly sounds like a valve problem

true, but than it still would be hard to start when warmed up...

true, but than it still would be hard to start when warmed up...

No because clearence gets bigger with heat if its tight I have been thru this with my 06 also double check cam timing It will act like that if the cam is a tooth off!

intake valves probably tightened up. My 06' did the same thing when cold.