Sign in to follow this  

UK .Drz400s 2003,full exhaust, jetting

Hi,after months of reading about re-jetting i have finally ordered a james dean kit off TT, my bike has a full crd exhaust which i imagine is not too much different to a yoshi.I will be doing the 3x3 mod.i am at sea level.After reading and searching i have come to the conclusion that my base settings should be

1. 155 main jet

2. 25 pilot

3. blue needle 4th position from the top

4. fuel screw 2.5 turns out.

Do these settings sound okay?thanks for any help,just got to wait for the kit now.cheers.

Looks like a good place to start:thumbsup:

• Like 1

my bike has a full crd exhaust which i imagine is not too much different to a yoshi.

Don't be so sure, the Yosh has a much better flow, mainly to do with the bigger header pipe, but also it seems that a lot of people have had trouble getting jetting sorted with the CRD.

There are (at least) two CRD system to my knowledge, one is very restrictive, and is the one that seems to be hard to get running properly.

The other is painfully loud, seems to work OK, but does not give the power that a Yosh will.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Looks like a good place to start:thumbsup:

=1 :confused:

Neil. :excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden:

I'd put the needle clip 3rd from top.

most people i know who went 4ths from top ended up moving it back to 3rd.

I'd put the needle clip 3rd from top.

most people i know who went 4ths from top ended up moving it back to 3rd.

+1

i used headsters setup and didnt need to change a thing, had to put the old fuel screw back in cause mine fell out:banghead: my fault though i didnt research enough:bonk:

My SM w/ a Yoshimura RS2, and 3x3 @ 600 ft. (sea level jetting), ran perfectly w/ the 160 main, blue needle at the 4th clip, 25 pilot, and 2.75 turns out on the fuel screw. Maybe the air is thicker over there. :confused:

My SM w/ a Yoshimura RS2, and 3x3 @ 600 ft. (sea level jetting), ran perfectly w/ the 160 main, blue needle at the 4th clip, 25 pilot, and 2.75 turns out on the fuel screw. Maybe the air is thicker over there. :confused:

You talk in the past tense, does it no longer run fine?

Past tense is less irritating than talking in 3rd person. :confused: It's now fueled by an FCR-MX.

Past tense is less irritating than talking in 3rd person. :confused: It's now fueled by an FCR-MX.

Well when one talks about ones carb they usually talk in the present tense, doesnt one :sweden::crazy::p

Glad you got the FCR :excuseme: :excuseme:

Thanks Headster. I've had it for a spell, I just don't talk about it. :sweden:

hahaha, thats not teh first time you've said that is it :confused::excuseme: :excuseme:

hi im new to the site but i got a 2007 sm i have also just ordered a jd kit with the fuel screw and float bolts off tt i will do the 3x3 when it gets here and my bike has an fmf power bomb front pipe and an akrapovic silencer and a twin air air filter i was going to book mine in at the local dyno tuning centre to get it set up or do you guys on here think its worth playing with myself

with thanks jon

Might be nice to have a baseline dyno run.

But its really not hard to rejet yourself.

thats what i thought i know their work and its quite good thanks for the reply

Thanks for the replies ,i bought the crd second hand ,i dont know what model it is,but the bore is much, bigger than the horrible standard thing,and it sounds awesome!,it says on it, for race use only ,but never mind eh..it s got more grunt with it on ,so touch wood,i hope it will be better again with the 3x3 and rejet.Going to go with the headster suggestion i think.How long does it normally take for bits to arrive in the uk from tt?cheers lads.

oh jonbmx,have a look at some of the photos ,in the master 3x3 thread ithink?There is also a video on you tube from off this site of the work being done.It doesnt LOOK too bad a job,i' ll keep you posted.Was that bike in your picture on ebay the other week?carbon fibre fender?

anticipate 2 weeks, and then you usually get a nice suprise at around week and a half. All depends on the Royal Mail.

As for the youtube video. Its a really long winded way of doing it. Dont bother loosening the subframe, just unbolt the rectifier and you have more than enough room.

Past tense is less irritating than talking in 3rd person.

I used to find MX_Junky's 3rd person posts very amusing, anybody heard from or seen him recently.

Neil. :confused::excuseme: :excuseme:

I used to find MX_Junky's 3rd person posts very amusing, anybody heard from or seen him recently.

Neil. :confused::excuseme: :excuseme:

Yeah, he pops in on one of the threads I frequent.