How much is this true?

I want to get a kx450f later on and the people i ride with " Honda people" tell me not to and to get a crf 450r 08 cause its thinner and lighter than than the kx450f, how much fatter and heavier is the kx450f compare to the crf450r both 08's

But there's a reason the Honda wins almost every shootout.

Yeah, because they provide the most advertising support to those hosting the shootout.

How many times have you seen that Honda commercial with the kids playing a video game..."maybe someday kids will play you.."?

How many of those do you see from the other big names?

Your mindset makes it obvious that it is money well spent :confused:

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, don't listen to advice like that! It's like reading online reviews of products. Everyone has an opinion but no ones opinion is going to match your tastes. Sit on both and decide which feels or looks better. That is the one you will be happier with.

You can't look at weight on paper. My KTM 2T is supposed to be heavier than my old CRF but is sure as hell doesn't feel that well. That CRF felt heavy (as does any 4T compared to a 2T...they're top heavy).

Buy what you want not what other people want!

• Like 1

hell everybody told me to get honda when i was shoping for a bike too:prof:

then i got my 06 yz 450 (yellow) and everybody was telling me o its not fast blahh blah blahh. just get the bike you want and be done with it, there is no reason to get the bike that people tell you to get. its funny now that more than half of my friends ride yamahas now:thumbsup:

o yea since i got my 07 yz 250 2stroke it started all over again, untill they rode it and one of them went out and bought one..

the truth is i dont feel at home on a honda, ive been riding yamahas my whole life and its just the bike for me.

BTW what kind of riding do you do?

How many times have you seen that Honda commercial with the kids playing a video game..."maybe someday kids will play you.."?

How many of those do you see from the other big names?

Your mindset makes it obvious that it is money well spent :excuseme:

Are you kidding me? During SX broadcast, there's as much if not more advertisement from Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha.

Ironically that Honda advertisement only shows kids bikes, I'm sure it really helped those shootouts vs the other brands advertising their big bikes (Actually the Suzuki one only showed quads and street bikes). :confused:

Back on original topic, I don't see why the KX would be more bulky. Everybody knows Kawasaki were extremely (for lack of better word) inspired by Honda when they built their aluminium frame.

My mates swear rmz's are the best and most reliable and they think crf's are crap, personally I think all the japanese bikes are bad compared to ktm and husaberg but thats just my opinion. It's all just peoples opinions they will be a fan of whatever they own, if one bike is better it's not by enough to make any difference to us. The bikes all look the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they shared parts with each other at least frame wise anyway. I remember when I was racing as a kid everyone had a kx60 or kx80, there was not a honda in sight.

Buy a Honda and part of your money helps close the rest of the off road riding areas. Honda makes a good bike, but they support Sierra club so I couldnt think of a good reason to buy one. There are too many good bikes out there offered by manufacturers that are interested in your riding future. Even the magazine shootouts all say that all the japanese bikes are so close that there is no clear winner. My preference would be the company that supports bike riders and racers and does not work against them with their more profitable agendas like car sales and such. I would never buy a bike that does not allow you to have a choice as to which bike you like best. Honda has chosen to donate proceeds to parties that are working to close land and already took away your choice to ride 2t(no 2t in Honda line). I know you are buying a $t and that is your choice, but if you buy from a company that is anti choice then you may not be able to choose to ride your choice(4T) in the future either. Spend wisely. :confused:

:excuseme:

maybe because they sell cars and all kinds of other stuff the other 4 companies dont :confused::excuseme:
I don't work at Honda so I'm not certain how it work, but I would be surprised to see Honda's car division money going into the bike division.

To me they are totally different and separated.

I don't work at Honda so I'm not certain how it work, but I would be surprised to see Honda's car division money going into the bike division.

To me they are totally different and separated.

i thought the same, but dident want to say anything because if i was wrong i would get flamed up the ass :confused:

Some of these comments are crazy. For 08, in Dirt Bike Mag., they even said that the main reason why the Honda won was because it hadn't changed and they liked that. They hated the forks, yamaha's were best followed by kawi, the like the kawi motor more for both mx and trails, and the kawi ranked higher than the honda in most of the items they rated them one (ex. suspension, motor, controls, ergonomics, etc.) The kawi got second for motocross and 1st for off-road. I know which one I would get, not to mention the kawi is more reliable.:confused: