Sign in to follow this  

How much would you pay...

If you were me, how much would you pay for a 2003 YZ250, with Pro action suspension(That is valved for my weight and class), an oversized front brake rotor, Vforce reeds and reed cage, Radiator guards, skid plate, new gold Renthal chain, DEP pipe and silencer, Pro taper bars and triple clamps, a bunch of extra parts(stock pipe and silencer, extra plastics and other parts), a fresh top end(seller has receipts), and fresh gears in the tranny?

Here is a crappy pic of it:

63000052425000020_1.jpg

and i paid 3500 for mine but i live in Ontario, canada and demand is high for bikes where i live so they're more expensive

$1800 to $2000

Sounds about right. All the "extra's" are usually thrown in as freebies with the sale of a bike, at least that's what I do. I don't expect anyone to pay anything for stuff that I won't ever need again and that they may/may not need/want.

$1800 to $2000

Ok, that is what I planned on paying. The guy is asking $2100 for it and I figured that when I go to see it, and everything checks out good, I would offer him $1900 or $2000 cash right here right now and see if he will let it go.

Thanks for the input everyone.:confused::excuseme:

If you have an extra $750-$1000... why not get an aluminum framed 05'?

If you have an extra $750-$1000... why not get an aluminum framed 05'?

I had contemplated it, but I dont have very deep pockets right now and those models rarely show up for sale around here. The only one I found recently was a 2005 for $2500, but it was beat to hell. I've got two weeks until I can go get this one, so I will see if I can find any better deals just in case.

and i paid 3500 for mine but i live in Ontario, canada and demand is high for bikes where i live so they're more expensive

i live in ontario aswell and i paid 3000 without all those mods, mine just had new chain and sprocket and protaper bars...

3000-3500 is resonable for ontario.

Bummer... just a couple weeks earlier and there was an 2005 yz250 that was in superb condition here (La.) for $2400, sold for $2100.

Try calliing Bubba Bardwell in MS. Phone: 601-833-1760 to see what he has. He usually has 06' 07' used for a great price. Last 06' he sold I think was for $2600.00 add about $300 for shipping and you're set!

You can't really "beat up" a YZ250 too bad.

I totally understand not having deep pockets!!!

Bummer... just a couple weeks earlier and there was an 2005 yz250 that was in superb condition here (La.) for $2400, sold for $2100.

Try calliing Bubba Bardwell in MS. Phone: 601-833-1760 to see what he has. He usually has 06' 07' used for a great price. Last 06' he sold I think was for $2600.00 add about $300 for shipping and you're set!

You can't really "beat up" a YZ250 too bad.

I totally understand not having deep pockets!!!

Hey, that sounds good, but my budget is $2500 and I need the bike within 3 weeks(track opens then.) Above that $ point I will be broke and wont be able to pay for track fees to ride my new(to me) scooter:bonk: If it was possible, I would rack up an extra $500 but that is about impossible with school.:confused::excuseme:

I have a 05 yz 250 i would take 2500 for looks brand new to bad you don`t live closer

$2000 is really low. If you get it for that, great, but you wouldn't see anyone selling a nice 03 for that around here. My buddy just sold his 2000 RM250 for $2000 and the YZ is a nicer and newer bike. The market must be different to say thats only worth $1800-$2000. If its nice and it was mine, I would tell you to walk if that was offered.

$2000 is really low. If you get it for that, great, but you wouldn't see anyone selling a nice 03 for that around here. My buddy just sold his 2000 RM250 for $2000 and the YZ is a nicer and newer bike. The market must be different to say thats only worth $1800-$2000. If its nice and it was mine, I would tell you to walk if that was offered.

Yep, market is wayyyy different here than in Mexifornia. I looked on cycle trader and 02-04 YZ250's are listed at about $3000-$3500, and around here they are listed at about $1700-2200.

The guy is asking $2100 for this one, and there is a bone stock 02 listed for $2200 and a 2001 for $1700.

yup, here in cali, that is a 2500 bike MINIMUM!

People may have them listed at that, but they are not selling for that. The market is WAY down, everywhere. In fact, I know people going to Cali to get bikes, because they are cheap. Same deal here in AZ. In the last 6 months I've picked up a barely used 100% stock '03 RM250 for $1500, an '05 YZ250 (265), loaded with all kinds of stuff for $2600, almost new '05 CRF450 for $2900 (which took me 3 weeks to sell for $3k). Its a buyers market.

I dunno, I was just looking for that year-range YZ250 no more than 2-3 weeks ago and I was having trouble even finding them, and when I did they were asking more than that.....then I quit looking because I bought my 450 from an engineer I know.....I probably paid more than my 450 is actually worth, but the top-end had just been gone though at a cost of $500+ (paid 3200 for my 04 450r)