Sign in to follow this  

CR rear fender (rehash)

sorry guys, before i order one, just want to be sure. i've done my homework and searched the forum, but got some varied answers. i want a mx fender cause i prefer the looks and dont care about the taillight, and prefer the extra 25 bucks in my pocket vs a true XR fender.

I do have a few additional questions though -

1. what year: 93-96, or will newer work too?

2. who has the closest RED color match to factory (Acerbis, Maier, UFO, Cemoto (not available?), Aloop (pricey))

i had a Cemoto on it, but it needs replacement. dunno if you can get another.

thanks!

Get the Maier. The red color is a good match, it fits like it should, and has the best shape (detail wise), not to mention that they are available.

What year CR rear will work?

Also will any different model front fenders work? Looking for parts for a 01 250r

What year CR rear will work?

Also will any different model front fenders work? Looking for parts for a 01 250r

I'm not sure CR rear fenders will look good on a XR400. The rear fender needs to mate with the side panels. Maier makes a good MX style rear fender in red, white or black. They have a CR look to them, but bolt right up with a clean look on the XR.

I looked on Maier's website and the only thing they had listed for a 01 xr250r was the front fender.

Oh well I will just keep the light I suppose. But I do want new plastics soon.

Probably going to get a slip on pipe since my exhaust is so trashed.

the Maier part number is 12304 for the mx style rear fender. its available from denniskirk.com for sure, prolly most others too.

but its 56 bucks. the reason for my post (i'm the original poster) is i'm wondering if the cr rear will fit - it's literally half the price.

the Maier part number is 12304 for the mx style rear fender. its available from denniskirk.com for sure, prolly most others too.

but its 56 bucks. the reason for my post (i'm the original poster) is i'm wondering if the cr rear will fit - it's literally half the price.

yea, it's very pricey. They figured out they are the only game in town for black anyway. I saw a white one on e-bay (new) for $21. I think it was in the buy it now section.

i was gonna put the cr125 fender on my bike but didnt. I was talking to someone who did and they used a 95' and said all you have to do is a little trimming.

I think I am going to get that Maier MX style rear fender and a CR front. I think the bike would look a lot better. Plus I need new plastics anyways.

I was looking for a mx style rear fender also, for my 97 xr250r, and I did not like the look of the Maier one. I saw some pics of the Cemoto one and thought it was the best looking one around. I checked everywhere and everyone said "you can't get them anymore", so on the off chance I called XR's only and they have them IN STOCK, in 3 colours. I ordered it right then on the phone, and it shipped that same day. Just waiting for it now, I will post pics of it as soon as I get in on the bike! And it was only %60 including shipping

search ebay express.

search word (acerbis)(Maier)(ufo)

thousands of fenders for sale / BIN cheep cheep