Sign in to follow this  

'07 XC tank/shrouds on an '08 bike?

I saw a pic of Nathan Kanney from the GNCC event last weekend and it looks like his bike has '08 front fender, rear fender, and airbox, but has '07 shrouds and '07 IMS big tank. Anyone think about trying this?

I saw a pic of Nathan Kanney from the GNCC event last weekend and it looks like his bike has '08 front fender, rear fender, and airbox, but has '07 shrouds and '07 IMS big tank. Anyone think about trying this?

I had heard it would work when I had my 07 SXF, but you had to bend the tabs on the rads for the shrouds, possibly more. It may have been for the stock tank though. Has IMS made a tank to fit, still using the old shrouds?

I have an IMS tank for the 250/300. Won't work on my 200. I don't have any hardware that comes with it, though. I talked to IMS, the hardware will run about $25. PM me if you become interested. I am getting ready to put it on ktmtalk. You may not want a used tank on that nice new bike though. lol

I heard the 08 ims tank fits awkwardly,so he was using the 07 tank cause it feels better.They are making a better 08 ims tank that should be out soon.Unless you use a dry break system in 08 there is really no need to use an aftermarket tank.my 08 200xc holds 3 gallons(pretty darn close) and just makes it in a 2 hour harescramble.I saw some guys had the 08 ims tank at the gncc-it looked wide and a little awkward,compared to the 07 ims tank