Sign in to follow this  

Tundra owners; JBL sound system?

I am looking at picking up a new Tundra this summer, and am considering whether or not I want to add the JBL audio option.

What do those who own the system think? Is it worth the cost? How does it compare to the bose system in GM trucks? How is the sub?

I am looking for a nice sounding audio system, but dont want to tear my new truck apart to install an after market head unit/speakers/amps/subs (been there done that, not with my new truck).

Also, I know TRD is working on a supercharger for the 5.7. Does anyone know for sure when it will be released? (I have heard over the summer). Also does anyone have any #'s related to power gain with the supercharger. I'm not really thinking of supercharging it (yet), more of something to drool over.

I am looking at picking up a new Tundra this summer, and am considering whether or not I want to add the JBL audio option.

What do those who own the system think? Is it worth the cost? How does it compare to the bose system in GM trucks? How is the sub?

I am looking for a nice sounding audio system, but dont want to tear my new truck apart to install an after market head unit/speakers/amps/subs (been there done that, not with my new truck).

Also, I know TRD is working on a supercharger for the 5.7. Does anyone know for sure when it will be released? (I have heard over the summer). Also does anyone have any #'s related to power gain with the supercharger. I'm not really thinking of supercharging it (yet), more of something to drool over.

It has a remote amplifier, a larger woofer and goes (((boooom booooom))) and a boat load of speakers, tweeters...

As for the S/C, havent heard anything yet.

I left the non-JBL headunit stock in my '08, and upgraded all of the speakers, and put an Alpine amp under the drivers seat. It sounds fantastic, and I spent about $600 and left it stock looking.

At the current gas prices, I don't know how hogwild I'd be about adding something on that has me using premium fuel...:confused:

Dan

I have a 08 with a stock speakers and really wished they had the JBL system

:confused: I really recomenned getting the JBL. Although if you get stock, just use your i-pod hook up instead of cd's and you can the full potential out of you stockies.