Sign in to follow this  

Props to Honda

I will say right out that I ride a YZ250. I have owned XR's and CR's in the past though, and all have been bullet proof.

But I have to give props to Honda. My father has an 83 CR250 that he has had since 1990. His buddy owned it before then. This bike gets ridden all the time, either hill climbing, trails, or at the track. Lately it has been ridden 3-4 times a week by my brother who borrowed it to ride with his kids.

Well last week I asked my father if he has ever put a new top end in it. Nope! And his buddy that owned it before him never put one in it either. This bike still screams, although the power is all low to mid, with absolutely no top end.

Congratulations to Honda for making such fine bikes. I believe it is bikes like this that gave Honda its reputation. This bike shows no sign of dying, and will hopefully keep running long into the future.:confused:

ya they DID make the best bikes ever

fixed for ya

Thats amazing, 25 years and still running strong! Thanks for sharing!

And iv only owed Hondas and have always been impressed, my 01 CR125 has been my favorite SO FAR!

Thats amazing, 25 years and still running strong! Thanks for sharing!

And iv only owed Hondas and have always been impressed, my 01 CR125 has been my favorite SO FAR!

SAME! 01 CR125 by far... I'm loving the reliability. Haha..rebuild engine 10hrs my ***!!! HAHAHA I went well over 100hrs before the last rebuild. Even then NOTHING was worn/needed replacing! Piston is still Honda..:-)

I've owned all four major brands at one time or another. The Honda's I've owned BY FAR are the most well made, have the most attention to detail, and withstand abuse better than anything else!