YZ250F -08 Lower the noise.

I need help to make my bike quiet, its now 98db and i need it to get down to 94db. Cant race if i dont get it down those 4db's :confused:, got to hate rules. I got a sparkarrestor wich i could modify if needed.

Buy a used WR muffler off ebay and take the core out of it. Even without the core, you will be under the 94 db limit. You will loose a little power and probably have to rejet slightly, but it is a cheap way to hit that noise level.

dB Dawg

has anyone gotten sound-tested with one, for a "real" test?

They do sound checks at all races here in sweden. <94db or go home :\.

you may try the fmf q

Buy a used WR muffler off ebay and take the core out of it. Even without the core, you will be under the 94 db limit. You will loose a little power and probably have to rejet slightly, but it is a cheap way to hit that noise level.

a little power is a severe understatement. I had to go back to my stock muffler for a couple of rides, then i got a replacement. I took the core out as well and lost it.

the thing sucks to say the least, it robs so much power out of my top end. I'm more of a topend kinda guy though.

FMF 'Q's are nice and quiet and don't flip you upside down until little coins that say HP on them fall out. LOL

stock wr muffler=erectile disfunction.... thats about how exciting it is

Sorry I just have to say. what word is gotten. I herd it a few times today on tv and just had to laugh and now here. I know my english is not the best but Gotten.lol My friend had the DD but it blew out before he had a chance to test. the instalation is not good. Just set screws.

gotten sound tested translates to: has anyone been sound tested

got is get but past tense, so he was asking if anyone has had here bikes sound tested.

what language to do you speak? if you don't mind me asking

Sorry I just have to say. what word is gotten. I herd it a few times today on tv and just had to laugh and now here. I know my english is not the best but Gotten.lol My friend had the DD but it blew out before he had a chance to test. the instalation is not good. Just set screws.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gotten

kiske se,My fopa but you gotten to be kidding, I can't belive it is a word. And I thought I knew everything,LOl. I guess I will stick to what I know best 4stroke bikes.

kiske se,My fopa but you gotten to be kidding, I can't belive it is a word. And I thought I knew everything,LOl. I guess I will stick to what I know best 4stroke bikes.

I have gotten to know a lot about English over the years; it gets me by.

:confused:

I run a Megabomb header with the stock exhaust canister + DB Dawg on my 08, low RPMS the bike is toned down greatly. Never sound checked it but it would be close to 94 for sure, it does rob a bit of power down low but it still runs well enough without even being rejetted. FMF also claims -1 DB or so for the Megabomb header but I am not sure I believe it.

Used this same setup on my 07 and it bolted right up to the 08, have to keep my bike quiet for the local riding spot.

I don't know what has GOTTEN into me. I am pretty good whit stuff like this . I guess I have gotten off track. doesn't Batman live in Gotten city.:excuseme: . Well I have to gotten going now.:confused:

I don't know what has GOTTEN into me. I am pretty good whit stuff like this . I guess I have gotten off track. doesn't Batman live in Gotten city.:excuseme: . Well I have to gotten going now.:confused:

I see that you have gotten used to the new word... Don't get carried away with it... lol :excuseme:

hahahahahaha, that's funny stuff right there. you've got a good sense of humor about it, that's all that matters! we all make mistakes, my turn will be next.

a little power is a severe understatement. I had to go back to my stock muffler for a couple of rides, then i got a replacement. I took the core out as well and lost it.

the thing sucks to say the least, it robs so much power out of my top end. I'm more of a topend kinda guy though.

FMF 'Q's are nice and quiet and don't flip you upside down until little coins that say HP on them fall out. LOL

stock wr muffler=erectile disfunction.... thats about how exciting it is

did you give me bad gas saying

dusnt work

:confused:

no, I don't give people bad gas, unless they gave me bad gas for something stupid like, youre quote wasn't good enough for me.

if you said go back to the stock wr muffler, it will work, but you will feel "UNDERPOWERED" hence the ED statement.

but I'll give you some 93 octane, cause your advice works, and is helpful, I even did it, had to but hey. it only sucked for about 2 rides

luckily the majority of events ive been to, even harescrambles and woods racing, have never required a sound test - i run full FMF factory 4.1 system with the tiny sound reducing thing in the exhaust removed, and it barks... but not overwhelming - ive never seen a DB meter anywhere except in my shop - NJ is good for some things i guess....

majority of events?!?!?!!?! you did two races