Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Race, Wauneta, NE,"Yucca Hills MX" Pitbike class March 30th

Wauneta, NE: "Yucca Hills MX" is going to be running a pitbike class March 30th, the class will be open to all pitbikes. Riders must be 15+ years of age,

Sign up is between 8:00 am & 9:00 am, practice starts at 9:00, riders meeting at 10:30, with races at 11:00. . ( all times are central time zone )

it will be a 2 moto format just like any other MX class and will be a 50% payback, so the more riders that show more money to win

So far we are taking 8 riders to race so the more the better,

Directions

Wauneta, NE: "Yucca Hills"

US 6 West of McCook or US 6 East of

Imperial. At Wauneta, Turn North at

Gas Station to Dead End, Turn Left

1 Block to Dead End, Turn Right & go

Over Bridge. Follow "Old Hwy. 6" up

The hill North for 2 miles. Track is on

South side of Hwy.

OR From Imperial -- East on US 6 to

Big curve Turn left onto "Old Hwy 6"

and follow to the track.

Work (308 ) 882-4528

Cel: (308 )882-1484

PO Box 226

Wauneta, NE 69045

Email: yuccahills@chase3000.com

nebraska-road-map.gif

Great! You know I was going to contact you or NCC to confirm the dates of these races as the NCMA was my old stomping ground growing up.

The trak is alot of fun, Mostly table tops , some small but there is one that steps down that is 100ft! The weather is supposed to be good (so far)They have a starting gate, and do pretty good track prep.I think the NCMA has pictures on it's site. we usually take I 80 to Ogallala then go south, but there might be short cuts for you?

:excuseme:

Another cool race I can't go to. Well if the weather ever dries out around here I am going to hit up some of the local tracks to try to get the pitbike scene going here.

Sounds like fun, hope you guys have a great turnout. :confused::excuseme:

Hey Shane, just exit highway 6 at Sterling (off I-76) and go east to Wauneta. The track is north of town I believe (correct me if wrong its been a while). I am going to camp Saturday night. I just hope I can keep up on my 3 year old SSR 10in bike against your guys 177cc Pitsters or what ever your running, either way it should be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it.:confused:

Any word on the other tracks and dates on the circuit?

There will only be a few bbk bikes,most will be small bore bikes, I think we will fit in nicely. Arapaho is on for Pit bikes and Norton is waiting to see how this turns out. I sent Jesse an email last week and heard nothing? maybe he does not check those,This where you come in? Also you are correct about the track being North of town.

Also,McCook ,Might need to send them an email?

Well all I have is his phone number, not sure on how he does with checking email. I am not even sure if he has a computer at his house. I could call him and let it be known but I am not in a very good position to try and organize a race but maybe after this one seeing how it goes I will give him a jingle. Well knowing Arapaho will be on the schedule I will be there too, but witch date will it be since they have 3 races there? I know I can have myself and probably 2 noobs at Arapaho.

Arapaho and wauneta will be doing them on all their race dates!

Give Jesse a call as his race is comming up soon.

Sweet! I well I might be able to make more of them than I thought now. Better get this thread going over on PM in the events section.

I will see if I can get the regulars in CO. to come over as well, we have about 10 or so that would be into it!!

That would be great. Where in colorado are you? also if they have big bikes there will be plenty of big bike classes too.

I should be there granted I can get the Pit Bike going. Its still in winter mode. lol

I was glad to see they changed the course you guys ran. I saw the outlaw vid and was stunned at how dangerous some of the jumps were even for big bikes, but it looks like they made it reasonable and more fun for you guys.

Looked like fun. That long double that looks like /\________/\ is going to kill someone on the big bikes though. miss a shift or flame out right before it and they will be digging you out of the second jump.

Sorry, I just have to find something to beotch about. It hasn't stopped raining here since saturday morning when I tried to ride.

I was glad to see they changed the course you guys ran. I saw the outlaw vid and was stunned at how dangerous some of the jumps were even for big bikes, but it looks like they made it reasonable and more fun for you guys.

Looked like fun. That long double that looks like /\________/\ is going to kill someone on the big bikes though. miss a shift or flame out right before it and they will be digging you out of the second jump.

Sorry, I just have to find something to beotch about. It hasn't stopped raining here since saturday morning when I tried to ride.

That big double by the trees is not forgiving! I think the announcer said it was 70ft tip to tip from the angle it does not look that far but it is pretty big. where we went around is had a small sign that said "chicken exit":thumbsup: I was OK with that.

I thought overall it was a fairly safe track with the exception of the whoops but people were being cautious and not riding over their head in general.

That big double by the trees is not forgiving! I think the announcer said it was 70ft tip to tip from the angle it does not look that far but it is pretty big. where we went around is had a small sign that said "chicken exit":thumbsup: I was OK with that.

Didn't see the chicken exits. For me there would probably have to be a sign like that before every jump..lol :prof::bonk:

Didn't see the chicken exits. For me there would probably have to be a sign like that before every jump..lol :prof::bonk:

Look at the tree rows, we actually do a small jump around the big take off, that was the "chicken exit":ride: