Sign in to follow this  

Open the air-box up?????

Just make the opening where you take the air cleaner out larger? The top of the air-box?

The airbox comes out through the side via a door that is not what is referenced. The mods are made to the top of the box under the seat. Honda has a large line that you follow to cut the box to the full CCC spec. Another option is merely cutting a slot in the top of the box. There are many threads on the subject just do a search in this forum. I would give you my thoughts on the matter but will get flamed by the engineer tech weenies that cruise this forum:p (just kidding). Everyone here is pretty civil and for the most part very helpful. Good luck with the mod. Just remember that without re-jetting you probably are not going to have favorable results.

• Like 1

I agree Rick's website gives a diagram ,, i really opened my X up almost all the top and a lil on the sides through the side plate vents, works great

Did it give you more snap? Did it steal any bottom end power? Did you have to mess with the jets?

Did it give you more snap? Did it steal any bottom end power? Did you have to mess with the jets?

General rule for combustion engine... I you change the amount of air allowed in or out, fuel quantity must be changed accordingly... Jetting will be required to avoid a lean situation.