Sign in to follow this  

Over-flow bottle

Sorry if this is a dumb question,but can I remove the over-flow bottle under the rear fender and just run the lines under the bike??????:confused:

If you are on really slow technical single track I've heard of it. It's never happend to me before.

Would it be ok to remove the bottle and still woods ride?

I would not. It is a trail bike and equipped as such for a reason. I have overheated mine on a few occasions and would rather have that safety measure.

What purpose would it serve to remove it? If you are looking for weight loss, that plastic bottle does not add up to much. On the other hand not dumping your coolant when the bike gets hot lets you continue the ride after a cooling period. Something to think about.

funny, some guys with bikes that don't use them are trying to rig them up. You don't have to overheat the bike for coolant to cycle back and forth. And when the bike cools and sucks back it's getting coolant not air.

funny, some guys with bikes that don't use them are trying to rig them up. You don't have to overheat the bike for coolant to cycle back and forth. And when the bike cools and sucks back it's getting coolant not air.

Thats true, I didnt even consider that!!!!

I've had my overflow bottle boil over on a tough, high altitude single track. I can't see a benefit to removing it -- it's an intrinsic part of the cooling system, and valuable feedback (assuming it overheats and starts to boil over) that you may need to add fluid before it's too late. Maybe somebody else can clue us in on why this is even open to debate :confused: