overheating

hi guys

my 08 kx 450

the white radiator protector on the right side above the exhaust is melting slightly , is my bike overheating or has anyone else experienced this .

what are the signs that your bike is overheating

radiator fluid leaking down the tube....

Yah check and see if your coolant level is low, that's the easiest way to tell if the bike has been getting hot.

Don't forget the hissing and bubbling noises coming from the radiator cap!! ha ha

Seriously though if it's boiled over make sure you keep an eye on the fluid level as it could warp the head if it gets too hot....

What sort of riding were you doing to boil it?

right side above the exhaust - well obviously your exhaust is overheating, not necessarily your motor / coolant. Have you sat the bike idling for more than two minutes? If so just avoid that.

You should still check your coolant before every ride, as motocrossers dont have an overflow reservoir. Its just part of ownership of a ball tearing, awe inspiring, pocket rocket. God I love my bike.

right side above the exhaust - well obviously your exhaust is overheating, not necessarily your motor / coolant. Have you sat the bike idling for more than two minutes? If so just avoid that.
Guru brenno. :excuseme: It's probably been a cool summer is Sth Africa this year (never cracked 40C) so our new mate richven didn't think about his pipe being a tad hot.

Hey richven, all jokes aside, without air flow, in hot air temps, everything around the pipe, radiators and cylinder gets friggin hot! The whole concept of idling and/or going slow just never made onto the designer's to-do list. :confused:

If usage is not the cause, then maybe your jetting is somehow lean for your conditions, or maybe your white plastic grill thing is out of position. Hope that helps.