Sign in to follow this  

Annual Moab Trip

My 16 year old son and myself are going to be riding in the Moab area on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of April. Thought I would post here to see if anyone else from TT might want to hook up for a ride on any of those dates. I have been to Moab every April sense 03. I have ridden most of the good stuff in the area. I consider myself to be an accomplished rider, and my son more of an intermediate.

He has ridden Slick Rock, Porcupine, Fins, and part of Gold Bar/Spike.

Last year.....

Apr12_0009.jpg

Apr11_0018.jpg

Apr13_0013.jpg

Apr12_0015.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Some times we get stuck. :confused:

Apr11_0015_edited.jpg

Lots more pics of last year if you look up 9lives 4 day report.

Let me know if any of ya are interested. Post up or PM.

Thanks, LT

Hey LTK.. I will try to free up the 11th or 12th to meet up with you... It would be great to do some Moab rides with other TTers. I'll keep you posted if I am coming down.

Hey LTK.. I will try to free up the 11th or 12th to meet up with you... It would be great to do some Moab rides with other TTers. I'll keep you posted if I am coming down.

Cool.....feel free to PM me if you need to. I have been watching your posts and I was hoping you would chime in.:confused::excuseme:

Please do another ride report like the one that you did last year. That was a great post.

Well I am sorry to say that 9lives can't make it this year. he is the undisputed king of the RRs as far as I can tell. But I will see what I can come up with. I have a much better camera this year from the crappy cell phone camera I had last year. I will try to get lots of action shots.

There are many good natural bike stands in Moab! :confused:

Good pic for why one should ALWAYS use Heavy Duty tubes.

Good pic for why one should ALWAYS use Heavy Duty tubes.

Yeah.....I keep telling Walt he should run the Bridgestone or Moose ultra heavy duty tubes, but he don't listen. :confused:

Bump!

Just in case......as time grows closer.

hey ltk, tresa and i have vacation planned for next week, apr 7-11, but I can't ride because I just had to have my collarbone reassembled (screws pulled out after first reassembly). Tresa might want to tag along on a day when you're not doing crazy stuff. I don't think she's ready for golden spike, or pritchett, but she's strong on the more reasonable trails like poison spider, monitor/merrimac, bartlett wash fins and things, slickrock, most of the singletrack out by white wash, etc... If we can get her 3-4 days of riding, i think the trip would still be worthwhile.

It is looking like I will be down there on the 5th.... dont know if my wife will let me go there two weekends in a row... we'll see.

hey ltk, tresa and i have vacation planned for next week, apr 7-11

change of plans. Tresa decided it's not worth spending the money and effort to go out there unless she can get the full benefit of the llamaface deathmarch 200 all day tour guide service. She's gonna ride here in boise on some club rides and we're gonna do some hiking and wine-tasting and sightseeing locally.

Wow my Wife's Uncle and his sons, who were all going to go riding with me, may not be able to go!!! Sheesh.. how can all 4 of their bikes be down

an' 03 WR250F which one son just cracked the bottom of the engine case last weekend... EVEN THOUGH HE JUST GOT AN OVERSIZED SKID, I told him to get, he was just too lazy to put it on before his ride. (might get it cleaned up and welded by tomorrow)

an '02 YZ250F that has a way screwed issue with throttle delivery... But is at some guys house getting fixed but wont be done until Saturday

an '03 YZ250F That need new fork Seals and some Rear Shock Cover (whatever that is) but the part is on order for sometime next week.

a '95 ATK 250 That just needs that carb cleaned and SHOULD run fine (this may the only bike ready by tonight)

To say the least I am a little aggravated... We'll see what happens by tomorrow morning.. I may be looking for some riding partners for Saturday (San Rafael Swell, Green River, or Moab).

:prof:

Bummer. Was looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you more local to Moab guys.

Well I called Ruxton and told him I would be there, so maybe he will be around.

Hope to meat ya all some time.