Annual Moab Trip

My 16 year old son and myself are going to be riding in the Moab area on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of April. Thought I would post here to see if anyone else from TT might want to hook up for a ride on any of those dates. I have been to Moab every April sense 03. I have ridden most of the good stuff in the area. I consider myself to be an accomplished rider, and my son more of an intermediate.

He has ridden Slick Rock, Porcupine, Fins, and part of Gold Bar/Spike.

Last year.....

Apr12_0009.jpg

Apr11_0018.jpg

Apr13_0013.jpg

Apr12_0015.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

Some times we get stuck. :confused:

Apr11_0015_edited.jpg

Lots more pics of last year if you look up 9lives 4 day report.

Let me know if any of ya are interested. Post up or PM.

Thanks, LT

Wish I could go...:excuseme: Time off work and the 200+ gallons of $4/gal gas for the truck+bike make it a little more $$$ than I can handle right now.

Have fun! Bring back some stories. :confused:

Wish I could go...:excuseme: Time off work and the 200+ gallons of $4/gal gas for the truck+bike make it a little more $$$ than I can handle right now.

Have fun! Bring back some stories. :confused:

I know....it's nuts!

I hope you can get out there some time though Carl. Everyone who is passionate about trail riding should try to get to Moab at least once in there life time.

Man, that looks like fun.

But with my CRF450R with stock gearing and a stock flywheel.........I would probably push my bike off a cliff within an hour. :excuseme:

Assuming my intake valves didn't launch through the valve cover. :confused:

Man, that looks like fun.

But with my CRF450R with stock gearing and a stock flywheel.........I would probably push my bike off a cliff within an hour. :excuseme:

Assuming my intake valves didn't launch through the valve cover. :confused:

You would definitely benefit from losing a tooth on the front sprocket.:excuseme:

I would probably push my bike off a cliff within an hour. :excuseme:

There's plenty of cliffs to choose from.....:confused: Make sure you take a video!!

Photos 2 - 5 make my mouth froth everytime I see them. I did Moab on a bike last year for the first time. Its a bit tougher on the 250F doing the rocks when you can't lift the front end at will.

Looking forward to your photos and stories.

My 16 year old son and myself are going to be riding in the Moab area on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of April. Thought I would post here to see if anyone else from TT might want to hook up for a ride on any of those dates. I have been to Moab every April sense 03. I have ridden most of the good stuff in the area. I consider myself to be an accomplished rider, and my son more of an intermediate.

He has ridden Slick Rock, Porcupine, Fins, and part of Gold Bar/Spike.

Let me know if any of ya are interested. Post up or PM.

Thanks, LT

Man I'm jealous Larry. :excuseme: :excuseme: :sweden: So is Bill P or Mr Wink going to be joining you? I'll be looking forward to the ride reports so I can live the experience through you this year. :confused:

Man I'm jealous Larry. :excuseme::sweden::crazy: So is Bill P or Mr Wink going to be joining you? I'll be looking forward to the ride reports so I can live the experience through you this year. :confused:

I gave it my best shot, but it looks like it's just Garrett and myself this year.

I will do my best to attempt to fill your shoes with a good report, but I am already conceding the thrown of king RR dude to you.:excuseme:

I am hoping to hit some " new to me stuff " this year. Gonna hit Metal Masher and maybe Behind the Rocks. I will have to see how much punishment Garrett is up for.

It won't be the same without you all.:p

Photos 2 - 5 make my mouth froth everytime I see them. I did Moab on a bike last year for the first time. Its a bit tougher on the 250F doing the rocks when you can't lift the front end at will.

Looking forward to your photos and stories.

I know what you mean about the 250F. But with the right gearing, they still work great out there.

Bill_P has offered up the use of his helmet cam, so if I can get it to work with my camera, I will try to post some of that too.

Hey Bill. Want to offer up a GPS while your at it?:confused:

Lots of good natural bike stands in Moab.

Apr11_0009.jpg

Make sure you do "five miles of hell".

Make sure you do "five miles of hell".

I really want to, but I don't think it is in the cards this time. I don't think my son is up for that, and I don't know if I would be up for watching the carnage. But if I can find a way to squeeze it in, I will.

It is definitely on my list of things to do before I get to old to do it.:confused:

It is definitely on my list of things to do before I get to old to do it.:excuseme:

Isn't that the truth, turning 50 in May. But I here that 50 is the new 40.:confused:

Damn Larry, I sure would love to make it out there - but I don´t think it´s in the cards this year. 5 miles of hell sounds just like my kind of fun!! :confused:

Maybe next year?¿?¿? (That´s assuming of course that they don´t shut down Utah!)

I talked about a trip like that this year with the guys. My family also talked about how fun it would be. But I was at the doc last week and he told me stay off of the bike for a few months. :excuseme:

Maybe next year post this up a month or so before the ride and we will see if we can go. :confused:

Hey Tom, are you having trouble with you eye again.. Hope it's nothing and you get back on the motorcycle quickly..

Jack

I talked about a trip like that this year with the guys. My family also talked about how fun it would be. But I was at the doc last week and he told me stay off of the bike for a few months. :excuseme:

Maybe next year post this up a month or so before the ride and we will see if we can go. :confused:

How did you hurt your eye again, was a riding accident?

Hope you can get back on two wheels soon. We would love to have you make it next year.

I met you once very briefly out at Rower. I was riding with Aron 8 and Chris.

Hope we can ride together sometime soon.

Yep it's the eye again. I'm still working but in a lot of pain at times. I went to the doc last week and they said I have to be very care with the eye right now. It's some issue with the retina. I might be off of the bike for a bit. Maybe a few slow rides on fire roads but nothing more then that. :excuseme: My wifes saying STAY OFF OF IT, but so is the doc. :confused:

ksrrider, I took a hit in the eye 11 months ago at work with a bungee cord. It hit me dead center in the eye with full force. I was blind in the eye for almost 4 months. All I could see is shadows before the surgery. Now with glasses I can see almost 20/20, but the sight has been going down hill a little over the last few months. I've been getting a lot of what they call floaters in the eye. It's almost like a small bug moving over the lens of the eye. It's a trip, I have to blink a few times for it to go away.

Enough about me, that ride looks like a fun one. I hope I can do it someday. I just might need a little help picking up the bike on some of that stuff. :excuseme: