Sign in to follow this  

New Turn Signals for 08 TE's

Anybody else hate the bulbous turn signals? Here are my new ones...not DOT.

David

NewTurnSignals.jpg

Do you have any pics of how you mounted them? I just got some that look a lot like them and are foldable so they won't break. I was planning on installing in the same location as the stock signals, but would be interested in what you've done there.:confused:

Please send more pictures, the stock 08 signals look like an afterthought.

I like the idea of folding signals, who makes them?

Thanks

Please send more pictures, the stock 08 signals look like an afterthought.

I like the idea of folding signals, who makes them?

Thanks

Here you go: http://www.electrosport.com/products/accessories-turn-signals-parts.php

I bought 2 pairs and planning to install front and rear. They seem nice and I should have them hooked up sometime this week.

EDIT: Someone else(don't remember who or which thread) pointed me to these so if you search around you may find more info about them?

ottobazart, I see you are in NJ too. If you're anywhere near me or are going to be at an upcoming enduro(not curly fern though), you can take a look at mine to see what you think before buying; just let me know.

If I had seen those first, I would have gotten them...oh well. When and if these snap off, I will get them as a replacement.

David

im running the electrosport. i couldnt mount them on the headlight fairing due to the speedo and brake line. they make a longer shaft, and that MIGHT work, but then they would stick out more.

web.jpg

Here you go: http://www.electrosport.com/products/accessories-turn-signals-parts.php

I bought 2 pairs and planning to install front and rear. They seem nice and I should have them hooked up sometime this week.

EDIT: Someone else(don't remember who or which thread) pointed me to these so if you search around you may find more info about them?

Thai - couple questions on the electrosport turn signals. Did you have do do any finagling with the wiring (i.e. did you need to replace the flasher and cut a bunch of wires) or do they flash correctly using the stock setup? Also, are they as bright as the stock signals? I was going to try to make the Stumpjumper on April 20th but turns out I am traveling on business.

im running the electrosport. i couldnt mount them on the headlight fairing due to the speedo and brake line. they make a longer shaft, and that MIGHT work, but then they would stick out more.

web.jpg

Just wondering why you didn't use the space inside you radiator faring? What about on the top triple clamp? how about on the hand guards mount? I know the best would be out far on the handlebars so you will be seen!

Thai - couple questions on the electrosport turn signals. Did you have do do any finagling with the wiring (i.e. did you need to replace the flasher and cut a bunch of wires) or do they flash correctly using the stock setup? Also, are they as bright as the stock signals? I was going to try to make the Stumpjumper on April 20th but turns out I am traveling on business.

Nielly, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your question. I didn't see it until just now. I didn't play much with the wiring. I had to do some pinching of the bullet connectors to get them to stay in place because the female ends were bigger, but they've worked out just fine. I think the brightness is very good. They flash too quickly though because I am too lazy to fix that. What part of Jersey are you in? If you're in the south or will be at the Beehive or Scrub Pine Enduro or the Tri-County Dual Sport, you can check them out for yourself if you like;-)

Thaigan - no worries, better late than never. The flash rate is what I was concerned with thanks. I think you have to get a different flasher unit. I'm up in North Jersey but I do get down to South Jersey on occassion. Next time maybe the Meteor. I've haven't been riding much this season as I've been concentating my efforts on the bicycle.

how about on the hand guards mount?

I tried hand guard mounts and the first thing to break on a fall was the lights.

I have had good results with Baja Designs but did have to use their flasher to slow the flashing.

Jerry,

Where did you get the parts for your lights? Especially, the rear fender stuff. That tail light setup looks like it might be a good upgrade for my KLX-250S (that fugly license plate holder needs to go :)).

Thanks!

Just saw your smaller blinkers. Who makes those? I agree with you when I do ride streets the blinkers are rather large. I ride an '08 TE 510.