Compression for 06 yz250f

I want to do a compression test on my 06 yz250f but I don't know what it's supposed to be at???? I read through my manual but i couldn't find it in there. So does anyone know a range of what a good reading would be?

Thanks

A little more information would be helpful. What are you trying to determine here? Just a compression test really doesn't tell you much.

I want to do a compression test on my 06 yz250f but I don't know what it's supposed to be at???? I read through my manual but i couldn't find it in there. So does anyone know a range of what a good reading would be?

Thanks

This is what I did/got (click here).

Any idea of what a race YZ250F motor is at?

Don't know, get a compression tester and try it on your bike to see. Use my numbers as a stock reference...

This is the compression tester that I used (PC7828) - it's not very expensive ($40 maybe from AutoZone (this was in 2002)? http://www.actron.com/product_detail.php?pid=16170)

compression_tester.JPG

thanks for the link. Also, what would be too low to be acceptable?

Don't know. People have reported 50 psi on this board and they were about to do a top end rebuild. 50 psi seems a bit low to me...

Oh my engine is bone stock. 90 PSI seems like it's low. Obviously it's not from looking at your tests.

I guess I've only checked my old 2 stroke engines before too.