Shifter length

After riding my '05 I discovered I need a longer shift lever.

So after doing a thorough SEARCH, I found that a 95 cr250 lever is longer and will fit nicely.

My question: Is this the 92-01 lever? Every place I've checked it was a large span in model years.

I wanted to double check before I order one.

Oh BTW: Before anyone recommends it, Hammerhead can stick their's up their ass for that price!

Thanks guys.:confused:

Nice find!

most cr250 parts are the same from 92 to 96. The fiche doesn't say anything about what years the shift lever changes.

Service honda sells the 95 stocker for about 34$ but an after market one would be a lot cheaper?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, update ... if you have big feet or are having trouble adjusting the stock lever to a spot that feels comfortable .....or wide pegs... a longer lever is needed.

My feet are size 10 and I hate the stock lever garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=58215&thumb=1

Here is the stocker with a hammerhead +5mm and a MSR 95 cr250 lever.

The MSR works perfect for my size 10 with wide pegs, the hammerhead is better than stock but still to short for me. the MSR looks to be around +12 or 13mm compared to stock.

MSR are at motosport and motoworld for less than $25. they are aluminum and look nicer than the stocker.

If any one is interested I want to git rid of the hammerhead. pm me

• Like 1

Watch out when running those MSR shift levers. I bent my stock one at the track, put on my back up MSR lever, and bent it with my foot during my next ride. They are extremely cheap aluminum.... But thanks for the tip, when I finally get the money to get my 08 or 09 I will go buy a OEM 95 CR250 lever.

So after doing a thorough SEARCH, I found that a 95 cr250 lever is longer and will fit nicely.

My question: Is this the 92-01 lever? Every place I've checked it was a large span in model years.

Oh BTW: Before anyone recommends it, Hammerhead can stick their's up their ass for that price!

Why do you say that about Hammerhead? It is one of this best additions to my bike next to their brake add on,ofcourse IMO. I believe if you go straight as you can to them then you will be surprized at the price you can get them for. Do a little digging and a little haggling and I think you will be very happy. With the shifter addition its such a smooth tap and pull shifting and the flex brake is like a running board especially in a RHer that leans you over to the ground. Sry but Im so happy with them I would have gladly paided more then I did. Eitherway good luck and I didnt see the whole thread yet but what have you gone with?

Thanks guys.?

?:confused::ride: :ride: :D :D :banana:

OK, update ... if you have big feet or are having trouble adjusting the stock lever to a spot that feels comfortable .....or wide pegs... a longer lever is needed.

My feet are size 10 and I hate the stock lever

I gave you gas simply because of the helpful pic, but I wear 10s too and I have ZERO problem w/ the stoker and using Fastway F3s. I very rarely shift w/ my foot on the peg... rather than pivot my boot about the peg, I "lift" the lever w/ my boot completely off the peg and it works just fine. IMO it's a better way to shift - more control/feel.

Not hacking, just adding commentary.

Thanks guys.?

? i was about to recomend them too!

[quote name=125shifter

Not hacking, just adding commentary.[/quote]

Ya, I understand, its like the kind of bar bend or where you run your brake/clutch levers, every one likes theres a little different.

Watch out when running those MSR shift levers. I bent my stock one at the track, put on my back up MSR lever, and bent it with my foot during my next ride. They are extremely cheap aluminum.... But thanks for the tip, when I finally get the money to get my 08 or 09 I will go buy a OEM 95 CR250 lever.

Ya, I think I will buy a oem and keep the msr for a spare.