Why Can't We Have These?

I was finally able to find some of the pictures I took when we went to Puerto Vallarta last summer. They have four door Ford Rangers. All different colors, and the got 2 or 4 wheel drive, basically the same options we have. The price though is about $30,000 U.S. so it's more than some of ares. I don't get why we don't have an option like that because I think it's be pretty cool.

White4doorRanger.jpg

I was finally able to find some of the pictures I took when we went to Puerto Vallarta last summer. They have four door Ford Rangers. All different colors, and the got 2 or 4 wheel drive, basically the same options we have. The price though is about $30,000 U.S. so it's more than some of ares. I don't get why we don't have an option like that because I think it's be pretty cool.

White4doorRanger.jpg

Import regulations???...I'm sure it's the same with the Nissan Patrol which looks very much like a Land Rover Defender 90. There were Nissan and S-10 4doors long before we got them...maybe in time!

I think they're cool. You and your friends can finally fit in one ranger or have enough room for all your gear and ice chest and the bikes.

I have actually seen a few s-10 pick-up four doors driving around. I never knew then even made them until i saw 3 since i actually noticed it.

They might be afraid that sales sof the larger 4 door trucks would suffer so they dont do it

they sell (sold) 4 door s-10's, i think they sell the new mid size with 4 doors

4 doors are a South American build only. They have the exact same interior as the 2 door version ( I ship product to both Minn. and Venasuelia (sp)).

I'd love to see Ford build & sell a 4-door Ranger in the US. Especially since they are the only true "compact" truck left.

You can buy a 4x4 Tacoma double cab for that same amount of money right now, why spend the same bucks on a Ford? The Ford has a market only when priced less than the competition.

i like it-have an 01 now,wish it had "real"rear doors(and seats) instead of the playschool set-up.while their at it,put a v8 in the thing!:confused: 4.6,5.0-whatever ya got-

You can buy a 4x4 Tacoma double cab for that same amount of money right now, why spend the same bucks on a Ford? The Ford has a market only when priced less than the competition.

Not sure what your referring to when it comes to "same amount of money" when they (full 4 dr Rangers) don't exist on the market in the US.

An 06 Tacoma 4 dr 4x4 is $4000 more than an 06 Ranger "4 dr" (super cab) 4x4.

As for the "Ford market"...Out here in the Riverside Ca area Tacomas and Fords are close in popularity when it comes to the younger crowd. Rather than buy via the "consumer report" (Toyota's being tops) they go by feel and wants...meaning, Joey down the street has a Tacoma so I want something different...a Ranger. These are the 2 most popular small trucks used for modifying into pre-runners. The older crowd that would by a small truck prefer Tacomas and don't mind spending the extra money they bring!

Could it have to do with the CAFE laws? Those trucks use more gas?

Could it have to do with the CAFE laws? Those trucks use more gas?

Or crash testing-they could crumple like a soup can upon impact.

They have diesel ones down in S. America too. THat would be the best, 4 door ranger sized truck with a diesel.

Our time will come and people will ger smarter. Diesel is a good way to go.

They have diesel ones down in S. America too. THat would be the best, 4 door ranger sized truck with a diesel.

Our time will come and people will ger smarter. Diesel is a good way to go.

Not at $4.50/gallon for diesel VS 3.19 for gasoline it ain't.:confused:

I don't know. Where I live, Fords, Chevys, and Dodges are way more popular than toyotas. There are a few, but most are driven by 60+ yrs old men/women who want to be able to say they have a truck.:confused:

I love my little single cab Toyota Tacoma 2.7L, no I'm not going to beat any land speed records but pulls 3 bikes in the bed and 2 on a trailer with really no problem, also lifted 3" and 32" all terrain tires on it at around 18mpg loaded and 22mpg unloaded. You can put lots of miles on these trucks as well.

I don't know. Where I live, Fords, Chevys, and Dodges are way more popular than toyotas. There are a few, but most are driven by 60+ yrs old men/women who want to be able to say they have a truck.:confused:

Same here. It's kind of funny though because one of my neighbors is in his late 60s and he has a Tacoma. While all the other guy's down the street have Fords, Chevy's , and a few older Dodges.

They have diesel ones down in S. America too. THat would be the best, 4 door ranger sized truck with a diesel. QUOTE]

agreed! :confused:

My ranger with a small diesel in it would EASILY get over 25mpg on the highway, making similar horsepower and more torque the 4.0 V6 in there now. The price difference between diesel and gas isn't as significant here.

The crew cab small trucks seem to be getting more popular here, maybe the 4 door ranger will come here, but the diesel probably won't (emissions laws).