Silt Fence

I am hoping someone local to the Portland metro area in construction erosion control may be able to help me out with a source for silt fence. We need silt fence to control erosion in critical spots on trails. We allotted some money in our budget to get silt fence but underestimated the cost big time so I am hoping I can find someone that can help us out. Also, does anyone know what construction outfits do with silt fence when they are done? Used will work fine.

Anyone up north looking for silt fence may be interested in this add from Bellingham: http://bellingham.craigslist.org/tls/570915993.html

Joe........

thompson bros. excavating, call and ask for brad and see if he can get you a deal, his kids ride. tell him rollie put you up to it. maybe he can share some of the expense.

geotk in vancouver will have the best deal, they supply everyone around with erosion control supplys, 360-750-1955

Joe-

Can you tell me what your quotes are per 100' roll? I have a few sources I can check.

How much do you need? 100's or 1000's of feet?

Thompson Brothers sent me over to Geotek. Geotek sells the silt fence in 100 foot rolls at $38 each. A pallet is 28 rolls and the price drops down to $34 per roll. By the pallet it would be $952 plus tax. I have $800 to work with so if I buy it by the roll I can get about 21 rolls or 2100 feet, not even half a mile:( Next grant we will have to budget more $s for silt fence.

Joe.........

Just use the 14 trillion rocks that are already sitting right there where you need them :confused:

Just use the 14 trillion rocks that are already sitting right there where you need them :confused:

Jeesh Ride, your way off,,, there are only 13 trillion rocks:p

Joe........

Jeesh Ride, your way off,,, there are only 13 trillion rocks:p

Joe........

I must have hit some of them more than once.

rocks are cool:thumbsup:

PM or email me the worst spots for rocks. Heavy equipment to grade some of the worst trails may happen soon, this year. I need to do some homework and find out where I can rent the equipment I need, a 6 way blade is a must. The B loop hill climb is one on the hit list. It needs to be re-graded to allow the proper water run off. The way it is now the water runs right down the trail taking all the silt with it leaving nothing but rocks. It is the same fix for many of the rocky spots.

Joe........

Sorry Joe, I was in arbitration all dang day and didn't get to check prices. I will check my suppliers, and let you know what I find on Monday.

Sorry Joe, I was in arbitration all dang day and didn't get to check prices. I will check my suppliers, and let you know what I find on Monday.

No worries. One of our club members has some used silt fence to get us started. We will be up there tomorrow clearing blowdown and moving a little gravel.

Joe............

Okay, Emerald supply which I have been told has the best prices is currently closed while they move. Must be nice to close an entire buisness just to move. At HD Fowler the best they can do is $40 per roll in quantities over 100.

The lumber companies I use are all way overpriced, and I won't embarrass them by posting prices!

I have a couple of calls in to my excavators and a developer to see if they have any good, used fencing, or maybe some good outlets for new at a decent price. Do you need this right away, or are you stockpiling it for later use? I usually have 1 or 2 rolls that I use per job, and I can save it for you if it helps.

Let me know,

Steven

At the work party on Saturday two club members donated some silt fence. Two rolls are new and the rest used. We did not have a chance to get to the silt fence installation Saturday. We have enough to get us going at the next work party. I can always use more and at this point I will just hold on to it. I have a pile in the back of my truck now.

Thanks,

Joe..........

Jake is quite the dude huh? He drive over to my house one day and gave me a heavy duty tube and my cloths back that I left in his trailer. What a giver :prof:

Jake is quite the dude huh? He drive over to my house one day and gave me a heavy duty tube and my cloths back that I left in his trailer. What a giver :prof:

Jake is a great guy. I need to ride with him more often! Give the man some fuel:)

Joe..........

gpwp24jun06+_48_.jpg