Deer Creek conditions?

Anyone ridden Deer Creek last weekend or this week? (Mar 15-19?)

I was going to head out this Saturday (March 22) most likely and just wondered if the snow cleared up anymore from my ride there two weekends ago.

If anyone is interested in riding, let me know. Otherwise i am riding solo cause it is nearly impossible to get people to ride in this small town...... geez.

Anyone interested in sick singletrack, let me know.

Brian

Brian, don't have the answer for you, sorry buddy. But I'm thinking about coming up there in a few weeks. Dont know the area at all, but been waiting to check it out with someone who knows it.. If your looking for someone to ride with, lemme know.

Tyson

Tyson,

Let me know when you come up, I can be the tour guide if you want.

Once the snow at Crandall melts (5000-5500ft), you can complete a loop which is typically 50 miles or so. I am not sure if the 4500ft range is rideable yet. I got stuck two weekends ago in that range and had to turn back.

I know the place pretty well though so hit me up.

Here are some photos if you want to check them out.

Deer Creek March 2008

Brian

Good deal.....lookin forward to it.

Nice pics. Looks rockier than i expected (where it isn't covered by snow). Looks like some good singletrack to be had there. Not much of that left (legally) in SoCal.

xnofriendsx,

I'm ready to serve you a stone spray sandwich:p ...J/K. I was thinking of going to visit you around the middle of April on a weekend. Just throwing it out there, but I'm waiting for your weather/condition report.

My buddy was up there yesterday and said there was still some snow. However he also said it was warmer at DC than it was at Carnegie today.

I'm guessing in 2 weeks that place will be good to go...unless another snow storm hits.

i will be at my place in calaveras county(valley spr.) the last weekend in march and i have been wanting to get over that way. i will pm you next week and see if you are available. i will be up there fri-mon.:confused:

Does anyone (xnofriendx or tapley) know what the best dirt route is from arnold to twain harte is? Is Boards Crossing the way to start? I'm about to get a dual-sport, but would my green-sticker WR450 get me there legally?

Does anyone (xnofriendx or tapley) know what the best dirt route is from arnold to twain harte is? Is Boards Crossing the way to start? I'm about to get a dual-sport, but would my green-sticker WR450 get me there legally?

Just because it's dirt doesn't mean that it is green sticker legal. The last time I rode out of Deer Creek I did a big loop and ended up on Italian Bar road for a bit. I stopped on the side of the road to watch the helicopter logging that was going on that day. A FS guy saw me stopped and was about to start lecturing me. I pointed at my plate and he got back in his truck.

I think We are gonna be up there on Wensday Conditions permitting.

Please let us know how it is if anybody goes soon

Thanks

Save Clear Creek!

xnofriendsx,

I'm ready to serve you a stone spray sandwich:p ...J/K. I was thinking of going to visit you around the middle of April on a weekend. Just throwing it out there, but I'm waiting for your weather/condition report.

Anytime...

I will hopefully get my vacation sometime in April. I should know soon and i will be in touch to let you know. It should be fine in April. I will know more on Saturday...

Good deal.....lookin forward to it.

Nice pics. Looks rockier than i expected (where it isn't covered by snow). Looks like some good singletrack to be had there. Not much of that left (legally) in SoCal.

Parts are rocky, but for the most part it is smooth dirt singletrack. There are some trails that are miles long and just dodgin trees in smooth dirt.

Compared to SLO County, this place has no whoops what so ever.

I have no idea on the best dirt route from Arnold to TH, but you can ride Italian Bar Rd from Columbia to Twain Harte. About halfway down Italian Bar Rd is Deer Creek. But be careful not to stop in the town of Jupiter. Some sketchy Meth heads out there.

I think We are gonna be up there on Wensday Conditions permitting.

Please let us know how it is if anybody goes soon

Thanks

Save Clear Creek!

Wednesday?

How about Tuesday?

I will most likely be there on Tuesday, but not sure about Wednesday.

Anyways.. Just let me know,

Brian

Parts are rocky, but for the most part it is smooth dirt singletrack. There are some trails that are miles long and just dodgin trees in smooth dirt.

Compared to SLO County, this place has no whoops what so ever.

What... No Whoops. What the hell!!! Thats my favorite part.

What... No Whoops. What the hell!!! Thats my favorite part.

There are whoops, but nothing like the "chatter bumps" at Pozo.

I am going camping there this weekend, I will let everyone know how it is...If its anything like xnofriends pics it should be great.

I am going camping there this weekend, I will let everyone know how it is...If its anything like xnofriends pics it should be great.

Are you going to be riding tomorrow (Saturday). I still need to meet more people in this small town up here to ride so i was just going to ride solo. The two people i usually ride with up here.. one stopped riding and one is moving.

So if anyone reading this in the Sonora area, hit me up.

I will be there Saturday morning, Black Tundra, YZ426.

If you need a tour of the place, just let me know. Hopefully most of that snow i got stuck in two weekends ago is gone and you can hit some of the Ruby Burn area which has some fun stuff.

Let me know.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I was planning on camping up there but just called the Mi Wok ranger station. They said Deer Creek riding area is closed until April.

Jim

I've gotten that reply from them before. I beleive what they mean is the gates are closed for onroad vehicles, but the trails and day use areas are open.

Brian, post up after your ride Saturday. Still gonna take the kids up next week.