drz 125l

Im looking to buy a new bike(i have a pit bike but its a pos) and im thinking of getting the 125l would it fit a 15 yr old?

if your a serious racer, then it will become boring quick without a lot of $$$ and mods...but if your into modding a bike, and having fun on a playbike, then by all means this is a great bike for you...

ya it would be a playbike

i'm 15 and 5'7" and it would fit height wise pretty good. I have the sw, and it's too small. but a drz125l should be fine.

i'm 14 and i gotta 04 125L and i'm 5'3 or '4 and it fits me good, little bit big...and the suspensions all the way down...should have no problem

Yeah that would be a good bike. I have one but I am not a racer. If you want to go fast then you will need to put new stuff on it to make it fast or you might want to get a RM 85. My bro has one and it takes off like a rocket. It is a little smaller than a drz 125 but it will still work.

Yeah that would be a good bike. I have one but I am not a racer. If you want to go fast then you will need to put new stuff on it to make it fast or you might want to get a RM 85. My bro has one and it takes off like a rocket. It is a little smaller than a drz 125 but it will still work.

or you could ride my bike...right??? (she has ridden my bike)

or you could ride my bike...right??? (she has ridden my bike)

Uh huh... But your bike has a mind of its own ! Plus you have more $$ and time in your bike.

im new to riding but i need lots of power that i wont get bored with

im new to riding but i need lots of power that i wont get bored with

Then a drz 125 or a rm 85 would be good. I love my drz 125, it is almost all stock and it has good power in 3th - 5th geer.

but an 85 is much faster once you hit the power band... you never hit the powerband on that 85 pinger yet (sg102...)

for a play bike a 125 would be better, but an 85 might suit you as well, just look for a better deal

but an 85 is much faster once you hit the power band... you never hit the powerband on that 85 pinger yet (sg102...)

for a play bike a 125 would be better, but an 85 might suit you as well, just look for a better deal

Thats true...:thumbsup: of course I am still learning to ride!! But you have and you said it has a good kick to it. So there, both are a good bike RM has more power. Either bike would be good as DRZSuzook said.

i know this is in the suzuki thread but would a honda 150 be a good choice just for something to drive around the yard

i know this is in the suzuki thread but would a honda 150 be a good choice just for something to drive around the yard

are you talking about the 150f, or the new 150R?

i think your talking about the 150f...its a great bike, a bit more powerful than the 125, running about 10hp stock, and its a more durable bike stock, having a full "perimeter" frame. The drz lacks a full frame and needs a frame cradle to strenthen the stock setup. But the [huge] down side of the 150f is that it weighs over 240lbs...(and a 450 weighs 220lbs just for a perspective). The drz only weighs around 175lbs, and because of this (imo) is a funner bike because it is more flickable and has more potential.

Just look at the two bikes, if you can ride them, do it, and pick whatever you feel more comfortable on. I would say to get the drz big wheel though, imo, its a better bike.

id go for the 150 but what is a perimeter frame mean?

it has a "full" frame... the frame wraps around the motor and the motor bolts into it, the drz has a stress member frame like the 110's and 50's, so the motor is actually bolted into the frame like a link holding the front and rear frames together. So when there is a lot of stress on the frame, it transfers the force to the engine cases. This can be fixed by adding a frame cradle made by BBR, it bolts the two frame pieces together to take the motor out of the equation, so to speak.

so the 150f has the perimeter frame or was it the r version?

yes, the "f" model has a perimeter frame

sweet thanks im gonna go with the 150

im 5'9" and i have the small wheel, bad idea if you do get a drz get the L version. other than that its a reliable bike, decent power for a play bike..