Sign in to follow this  

Oil change (first one)

Changing the oil for the first time on my used 07 450 sxf, using Motorex 10w-50 btw...:excuseme:

The guy i bought it from didn't supply me with the tool kit, so, what size allen wrench do i need for the oil screen (bottom of the crankcase), i'll have to buy one.

Thanks!

Oh, any other advice? I'm new to the 450sxf?:confused:

The bolt I think you're talking about is 8mm. While your replacing that oil screen bolt at the bottom of the engine make sure you get this - http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/flatland/ktm_obolt.htm

be carefull not to strip it!

interesting, the previous owner of my bike had someone weld a hex nut onto it and it works just as good. but if i seen that id get it

Arrrrg, more money to spend on this thing!

Actually, that's not a bad idea, i'll probably buy it. Thanks!

Is it better to try to loosen it while cold before starting than trying to loosen while hot in running temperature?

The bolt I think you're talking about is 8mm. While your replacing that oil screen bolt at the bottom of the engine make sure you get this - http://www.cyclebuy.com/shopping/flatland/ktm_obolt.htm

be carefull not to strip it!

that wont fit in the new 07 and up 450sxf or xcf motor. the plug is for the old rfs motors.

it is a 12mm alen that u will need to get it out.

that wont fit in the new 07 and up 450sxf or xcf motor. the plug is for the old rfs motors.

it is a 12mm alen that u will need to get it out.

ktmbigE is correct, that bolt won't work on your bike. I don't remember the allen size, but I'd say ktmbigE is right about that too. I didn't have anything that big. Stopped by AutoZone and bought a cheap set of large metric allen sockets. So far it hasn't been an issue getting the OEM out. I always change my oil hot/warm.:confused: