Keihin FCR - I am dazed and confused..

:confused:

I have pretty much decided I want to perform this upgrade. The only question is I really don't understand everything involved. I see that FSW sells a FCR "Kit," does it include everything you need to perform the swap?

Why do I see various FCR's on Ebay ranging in price from $99 up to $500?

How do you know what size bore to purchase? Is there a general rule of thumb on this?

I appreciate all the help, this is a great board and I look forward to words of wisdom.

I have a klx 250s 2007- got my carb from fourstroke works and jetting was very close- (rich at bottom) and he mods the carb to fit the bike. I'm very happy with it. If you pick one up some where else plan to spend allot of time on set up and moding the carb to fit. You can do it yourself a dn save a few $$ or pay Jerry and Ride. to quote Bill p "FRC=FUN"

to quote Bill p "FRC=FUN"

:confused::excuseme::crazy::p:worthy::lol::worthy::excuseme::sweden:

I have pretty much decided I want to perform this upgrade. The only question is I really don't understand everything involved. I see that FSW sells a FCR "Kit," does it include everything you need to perform the swap?

Why do I see various FCR's on Ebay ranging in price from $99 up to $500?

How do you know what size bore to purchase? Is there a general rule of thumb on this?

I appreciate all the help, this is a great board and I look forward to words of wisdom.

Unless you can find one that came OFF a KLX, I suggest getting one from Jerry at FSW. But be aware, Jerry either does not know about or doesn't care about the Taffy mod, and without that, the odds of you having a zero bog FCR/KLX are pretty much nill. You will need to do the taffy mod to get the carb running to it's fullest. I just posted about this over here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6109062#post6109062

look for one off a klx on e-bay or spend the money and go to Jerry. I have seen a few for sale used, but then found that the person could not get the carb to work correctly.I do not want someone else's problem.

As for the Taffy mod Bill is talking about, I did it. The pump stock would pump gas for 3-4 sec- I timed it down to one sec. I'm so happy with the way the carb works I will not undo it to see the change. But I have ZERO bog. and if nothing else I'm saving allot of fuel.

I Why do I see various FCR's on Ebay ranging in price from $99 up to $500?

Not all FCR's are pumper carbs, only the ones for 4stroke engines.

The 35mm seems to be the most popular one.

Ride on

Brewster

Hey,

I bought the Mikuni TM 36mm Pumper from TT was trying to save money (bad idea). It fit right in, but seems the throttle cables are now just a little short... The carb has the linkage on the other side of the bike..Dang. I went to the local shops today and they all said they could not help me find a longer throttle cable set. I know there is a local shop that makes custom cable so I will call there and get two made.

Long story.. I think that working with FSW is a pretty good idea and he "knows his buisness" you wont have any supprises, You may pay a little more more. But you avoid some issues...I wish I had just bought the same carberator from him.

CT