Sign in to follow this  

FMF Megabomb fitment

FMF says that their fmf megabomb header+midpipe doesn't match up to the stock muffler, however the FMF 4.1 does and it also fits the stock header. Can someone explain how that works? I believe the megabomb will fit the stock muffler, just that FMF wants us to buy their muffler also..

If you buy just the slip-on it comes with an adapter piece that'll make it fit the stock header. If your putting on a full system you dont need that part. So if you buy just the header it will be to large and to long to match up with the stock muffler.

I just bought the mega bomb thinking it would fit the stock silencer, as motosport says it does, but it didn't. Had to get the powercore silencer and now all is well.:confused:

I have the 4.1 slip- on on my 505, no adapter was needed. Went right on the stock header.

I have the 4.1 slip- on on my 505, no adapter was needed. Went right on the stock header.

I've got a 4.1 slip-on for a 07' 250SXF and the adapter is just a short length of pipe maybe 5 inches long or so that goes from the muffler to the stock header.

I definitly noticed a power increase among lower to mid RPM's. The system has a very nice tone to it, but it pretty loud. Overall i am very happy with the system.