Big Bore VS High Comp / Porting

About mid season i'm gonna be faced with "time to freshen the top end" and was wanting some feedback on Big bore kit vs a HC piston, cam, & porting the head.

Personally I like to keep the stock cc size of the motor and mod out the rest to gain the HP you are looking for. But that is just me. When you go to big bore kits, longevity of components are sacrificed.

So I'd go with a JE High compression piston kit - Somewhere around $150 at the TT store

Next, if you want cylinder head porting and a cam - talk to Ron Hamp, he will give you his awesome setup. :confused:

For an exhaust system, you cannot beat the MRD's $399 for the full single systems... I really like mine. If you get one, make sure to get the pro comp spec, it is quieter than the regular MRD. www.mrd-racing.com

Big bore kits add torque sooner in the power curve and make the bikes fun to ride .there not always user freindly when it comes to the actual race the power is abrupt and harder to hang onto and will tire you out .you may be able to gear higher and soften the surge though.

Big bore kits add torque sooner in the power curve and make the bikes fun to ride .there not always user freindly when it comes to the actual race the power is abrupt and harder to hang onto and will tire you out .you may be able to gear higher and soften the surge though.

Got an dyno charts on big bore stuff?

It would be interesting to see them back to back with a stock bore thats been hopped up a little...187 cam, 13.5:1 Piston and some port work...about what you could get for the cost of a big bore setup...Ive seen those things at 600 bucks...