Expectations for The Dez?!

expect just about everything to be sold out in the town of Odessa. Seriously, stock up on anything you might need BEFORE you get into town to avoid any head aches

I actually encourage all to spend some money in the town of Odessa. those folks are definitely friendly to us and love having this event each year. i make a point of doing this and tell the business owners that i appreciate them "putting up" with us.:confused:

Joe

I actually encourage all to spend some money in the town of Odessa. those folks are definitely friendly to us and love having this event each year. i make a point of doing this and tell the business owners that i appreciate them "putting up" with us.:confused:

Joe

good point, just everytime I ever been they where selling out of everything by saturday morning....but I agree.

I agree with the previous couple of posts.

My crew makes a point of spending money in Odessa. Just another way we can say thanks and theank the town for their hospitality. We buy all gas, beer, ice and whatever else we may need in town on the way in.

Did I mention beer...???

I agree with the previous couple of posts.

My crew makes a point of spending money in Odessa. Just another way we can say thanks and theank the town for their hospitality. We buy all gas, beer, ice and whatever else we may need in town on the way in.

Did I mention beer...???

The city of Odessa and it's residents welcome us with open arms and we should do everything we can to support them in return.

If you stop in at the Rolling Thunder Saloon for a cold beer look down when you walk in and you can see my burnout on the wood floor :confused: By the way, a 450 hitting the rev limiter is very loud inside a building. :excuseme:

good point, just everytime I ever been they where selling out of everything by saturday morning....but I agree.

the first year we were in odessa the town had no idea the magnitude of the event... the grocery stored looked like it was wiped out in preparation for a natural disaster, the gas station ran out of gas by saturday.

HOWEVER, they now stock up for the weekend and in my experience have most of what you need.

also there is going to be plenty of local food vendor on site. these are business from odessa. they have you covered from breakfast through dinner, including espressos in the morning and beer garden in the evening (or early afternoon :confused:)

the first year we were in odessa the town had no idea the magnitude of the event... the grocery stored looked like it was wiped out in preparation for a natural disaster, the gas station ran out of gas by saturday.

HOWEVER, they now stock up for the weekend and in my experience have most of what you need.

also there is going to be plenty of local food vendor on site. these are business from odessa. they have you covered from breakfast through dinner, including espressos in the morning and beer garden in the evening (or early afternoon :confused:)

"A note of caution" The Honey Lager beer will give you the worst efin hangover you have ever had. I only drank about 8.:excuseme: