couple fcr questions

Hi, I just picked up a used fcr35. I was wondering where are and how do you access all of the items for changing the jetting. I also only see one screw in the bottom of the carb for adjustment. Is that the only one or is there one that I am missing. And does anyone have a baseline jetting specs that I could have a starting point with before I put the carb in the bike. Setup:

klx300, full muzzy exhaust, highflow filter, backfire screen removed, no lid, and breather enlarged. I am around 800-1000' above sea level. One last thing, is the throttle pull any shorter with the fcr than the cvk. I have a 1/4 throttle sitting here but I don't want to install it if the fcr has a shorter pull than stock. Thanks for your time and any responses.

Thanks for the link. Where is the pilot and the main air jet located? Are they the ones that you have to take the inlet off to get to? Also I only see one screw for adjustment on the carb, it is in the bottom of it. Is this the fuel screw or the pilot air jet and where is the other screw located at. Thanks.

The big knurled adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb - or it may be a recessed screw inside the tube if it doesn't have an aftermarket adjustable one - is the pilot adjustment. I believe if you take that screw all the way out (watch out for spring and mini washer) you can remove the pilot. It's hard for me to remember. If the pilot jet is not there, it's easily accessable by removing the bowl from the bottom of the carb. It's been a couple of years and my memory is hazy. I didn't have any problem finding it with the carb off though....:confused:

The pilot AIR jet is located under the intake bell. You'll have to pull the carb and then take off the intake bell that attaches to your airbox. Underneath you will find the adjustment. Good luck!

bp

The big knurled adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb - or it may be a recessed screw inside the tube if it doesn't have an aftermarket adjustable one - is the pilot adjustment. I believe if you take that screw all the way out (watch out for spring and mini washer) you can remove the pilot. It's hard for me to remember. If the pilot jet is not there, it's easily accessable by removing the bowl from the bottom of the carb. It's been a couple of years and my memory is hazy. I didn't have any problem finding it with the carb off though....:confused:

The pilot AIR jet is located under the intake bell. You'll have to pull the carb and then take off the intake bell that attaches to your airbox. Underneath you will find the adjustment. Good luck!

bp

Bill your getting a little rusty on us. The fuel screw is is the one in the tube with the spring for tension. The pilot and main jet is easily accessed with the fuel bowl off. You can get to the main jet with just removing the nut on the bottom of the bowl but I have a hard time getting the pilot out without removing the bowl.

Bill your getting a little rusty on us. The fuel screw is is the one in the tube with the spring for tension. The pilot and main jet is easily accessed with the fuel bowl off. You can get to the main jet with just removing the nut on the bottom of the bowl but I have a hard time getting the pilot out without removing the bowl.

Like I said, my memory is hazy. When you get as old as me, you'll understand. :confused: